Who is Prometheus Lionheart

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiredradsres

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any information about this legendary man, please share.

Members don't see this ad.

Any information about this legendary man, please share.
There is a weird radiologist who lives in my neighborhood who runs at 4 am and has actually mentioned he doesn't like it when people stuff their face with chips.

I want to believe!

Reactions: 3 users
He lives in the shadows. Fighting the darkness.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's this private practice neck beard who is listed on the radiologyronin website alongside prometheus as his unfiltered alter-ego. People who went to UVA when he was a fellow know this.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Our hero.

He chose teleradiology. I shall follow his path and wisdom.

It’s this guy that has cauliflower ears that supposedly he earned who hates his mother in-law.

I think his photograph on the site is a scan of his driver's license photo showing that his beard grows on his neck
I guess you’ve just never heard neckbeard used as a pejorative before.

It's an interesting style choice.

Also his books reek of a toxic masculinity.
His book is ok and his somewhat offensive humor doesn’t really do it for me most of the time, but I think a very large proportion of people find it funny/relatable and is in part why he’s so successful.

His book is ok and his somewhat offensive humor doesn’t really do it for me most of the time, but I think a very large proportion of people find it funny/relatable and is in part why he’s so successful.
You mean you don’t like how he talks about breast reduction surgery?

Not really the humor I think ought to be in a medical/radiology textbook, but I can enjoy it sometimes, if only because of the absurdity of seeing it alongside dry topics.

I think he knows that evoking emotion (negative or positive) is more likely to get you to remember random facts and minutiae, and in that he's successful.

Reactions: 1 users
I do not remember this.
Some quotes from the 4th edition to jog your memory:

"Reduction Mammoplasty - Yes, there is actually a subpopulation of women who want SMALLER breasts. I know, it sounds impossible to believe (from a man's perspective)."

"Q: What might happen if you consistently inject through the pigtail like a pusṣy?
A: All the contrast will go out the proximal side holes and not the tip. Eventually, if you keep flushing like a pansy you will end up with a clot on the tip."

Iliac Anatomy: The branches of the internal iliac are high yield, with the most likely question being "which branches are from the posterior or anterior divisions?" A useful mnemonic is "I Love Sex, " Illiolumbar, Lateral Sacral, Superior Gluteal, for the posterior division. My trick for remembering that the mnemonic is for posterior and not anterior is to think of that super religious girl I knew in college - I Like Sex in the butt / posterior."

Seriously? People are offended by this edgy humour that is obviously just meant to make the book less dull? If it’s not your cup of tea, fine, but it’s very clearly not meant to be serious. Lighten up.

Reactions: 1 users
Some quotes from the 4th edition to jog your memory:

"Reduction Mammoplasty - Yes, there is actually a subpopulation of women who want SMALLER breasts. I know, it sounds impossible to believe (from a man's perspective)."

"Q: What might happen if you consistently inject through the pigtail like a pusṣy?
A: All the contrast will go out the proximal side holes and not the tip. Eventually, if you keep flushing like a pansy you will end up with a clot on the tip."

Iliac Anatomy: The branches of the internal iliac are high yield, with the most likely question being "which branches are from the posterior or anterior divisions?" A useful mnemonic is "I Love Sex, " Illiolumbar, Lateral Sacral, Superior Gluteal, for the posterior division. My trick for remembering that the mnemonic is for posterior and not anterior is to think of that super religious girl I knew in college - I Like Sex in the butt / posterior."

Hmm. Shame he got your money.

Not sure you guys recognize our field has a problem recruiting women. These jokes represent the male dominated culture

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure you guys recognize our field has a problem recruiting women. These jokes represent the male dominated culture

I think I more or less agree with what most people feel already. I don’t particularly enjoy the boytalk humor, but people are free to choose what resources they prefer for Core prep and there’s an abundance of other avenues if Crack isn’t to your liking. Simply don’t purchase the project and contribute to it’s continued success. Let it die in obscurity.

But if I’m going to be frank, you are going to encounter more adversity within one month of a radiology residency than what will be provided by a book you have the privilege of not purchasing. Moreover, the slights that are occasionally stated in that text are so small in the broader context of a radiology education, that if it’s the above commentary you quoted in one review book among many that successfully dissuades a person from pursuing a radiology education, it probably wasn’t the book’s commentary that did them in.

There are far greater injustices than this that are more deserving of our attention.

Of course. These are merely microaggressions, and I understand it's no longer fashionable to point them out thanks to the anti-woke backlash and all.