General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UPDATE:
accepted: UW-Madison, Tufts, Midwestern (declined)
Rejections:
Has anyone heard from Rush or UIC yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Applied:

St. Kate's/Catherine's University (early admission)
U of MN
St. Scholastica

Accepted at my #1 choice - St. Kate's! Whoot whoot!

Will not hear back from the U or Scholastica until Feb/March.

hi! congratulations! i’m currently planning to go there but waiting to hear from other schools b/c its so expensive. are you going?
Thanks! I do plan on attending. Hopefully I'll see you there. What other schools are you hoping to get into?

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE:
accepted: UW-Madison, Tufts, Midwestern (declined)
Rejections:
Has anyone heard from Rush or UIC yet?
When did you hear from UW-Madison? I haven't heard from Rush or UIC, but I know some people have.

Could those who have been accepted to North Central please share your stats? I applied in early November and still have yet to hear anything (even an application confirmation) but it seems like people have been hearing back for months. I have a 3.78 GPA and a 305 GRE score and was hoping to have heard by now. Any insight is appreciated!!

I heard from UW on 1/8

Congrats on your acceptance! Waiting to hear back from UW-Madison, recieved a kind of strange email last week asking me to finish a scholarship form, but haven’t heard anything aside form that. Would you mind sharing some of your stats?

Congrats on your acceptance! Waiting to hear back from UW-Madison, recieved a kind of strange email last week asking me to finish a scholarship form, but haven’t heard anything aside form that. Would you mind sharing some of your stats?
I got a follow up email saying the scholarship form was sent out by mistake. It was a fluke that it went out to everyone.

I was accepted to St. Kate's/Catherine University! Whoot!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else been waitlisted to Temple? Or have heard back from Stockon U?

Update!
Applied: Boston University, MGH, Tufts, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra, Sacred Heart
Interviews: BU, MGH, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra
Accepted: Temple, University of St. Augustine, Tufts, Belmont
Rejected: TJU
UPDATE!
Got off the waitlist for MGH today! I think I'm going to accept I really loved the school. I'm a little torn thought because I already accepted at BU and it's such a great program. I just got a much better feeling from MGH.

Hi, I wanted to join in on this thread and hopefully answer any questions if anyone has any!

Applied: Brenau, Georgia State, Belmont, MUSC, VCU, TJU, University of Florida, Mary Baldwin
Interviews: Brenau (11/30). Georgia State (1/10), TJU (1/18), Belmont (1/25 - aka today!!!), MUSC (2/1), declined Mary Baldwin interview
Acceptances: Brenau (1/8 - declined admission), Georgia State (1/24 - declined admission), TJU (1/22), VCU (1/24), Belmont (1/30)

If anyone has any info on TJU's OTD program vs. VCU's program, that would be awesome! VCU doesn't do interviews so I feel like it'll be hard to determine if the program is a good fit for me and vice versa.

Last edited:
Has anyone else been waitlisted to Temple? Or have heard back from Stockon U?

I was waitlisted at Temple. I think I'm going to request to be taken off the waitlist though because I was already accepted to Tufts and I'm pretty sure I would choose Tufts over Temple anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't yet. I probably will though, because I don't want to gamble on maybe getting called back from an accredited school. It's a tough choice. I have until the 17th to let them know so I'll drag my feet until next week probably.
Did you end up accepting? I just got an interview for March 15 and I'm super nervous about the group interview! Any tips?

Hi, I wanted to join in on this thread and hopefully answer any questions if anyone has any!

Applied: Brenau, Georgia State, Belmont, MUSC, VCU, TJU, University of Florida, Mary Baldwin
Interviews: Brenau (11/30). Georgia State (1/10), TJU (1/18), Belmont (1/25 - aka today!!!), MUSC (2/1), declined Mary Baldwin interview
Acceptances: Brenau (1/8 - declined admission), Georgia State (1/24 - declined admission), TJU (1/22), VCU (1/24)

If anyone has any info on TJU's OTD program vs. VCU's program, that would be awesome! VCU doesn't do interviews so I feel like it'll be hard to determine if the program is a good fit for me and vice versa.
How was Belmont's interview? I have one with them March 29th. It was supposed to be last Friday, but I was out of town. Any tips would be great, thank you and good luck !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using SDN mobile

Acceptances: Brenau (1/8 - declined admission), Georgia State (1/24 - declined admission), TJU (1/22), VCU (1/24)

How was Belmont's interview? I have one with them March 29th. It was supposed to be last Friday, but I was out of town. Any tips would be great, thank you and good luck with everything!

How was Belmont's interview? I have one with them March 29th. It was supposed to be last Friday, but I was out of town. Any tips would be great, thank you and good luck with everything!

Belmont's interview was super laid back! They make the whole process not seem so intimidating, and the questions they ask are pretty standard to what you would expect at others. (also there's a message board specifically about Belmont that shows the questions they asked in the first interview group, and they asked those same questions with maybe an additional 1 or 2 questions in the second group of interviews on Jan. 25th). I just got my acceptance letter from them like 20 minutes ago, so feel free to message me if you want!

Reactions: 1 users
Applied: NYIT, NYU, BU, UIC, WashU, SUNY Downstate, Rush
Hopefully still applying to: Columbia, UNC Chapel Hill
Acceptances:
Rejections:
Interviews: NYIT (10/29), Rush (12/3), BU (12/5)
Definitely nervous/excited to hear back from the rest/still unsure if I want to keep applying. Any advice about any school on my list/anything would be appreciated!
Update:
Applied: NYIT, NYU, BU, UIS, WashU, SUNY Downstate, Rush
Interviews: NYIT, Rush, BU, SUNY Downstate
Acceptances: NYIT, WashU, BU, Rush, UIC, NYU
Wait list: SUNY Downstate
Offers turned down: NYIT, BU, Rush

Last edited:

Belmont's interview flew by! There is a writing sample that you have 45 minutes to complete, make sure you carefully follow the directions!
The interviews seemed a bit rushed to me because they had so many people interviewing that they had to get through. I would say the questions are pretty standard and also some situational questions. Don't be nervous! They really want you to feel relaxed and comfortable. I got an acceptance from them earlier today so feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

Belmont's interview flew by! There is a writing sample that you have 45 minutes to complete, make sure you carefully follow the directions!
The interviews seemed a bit rushed to me because they had so many people interviewing that they had to get through. I would say the questions are pretty standard and also some situational questions. Don't be nervous! They really want you to feel relaxed and comfortable. I got an acceptance from them earlier today so feel free to message me if you have any other questions!
I tried messaging you, but it said I am not able to direct message you for some reason? Thank you for all of the tips though, I really appreciate it. Also, big congratulations on the acceptance! Will you be attending?

Belmont's interview was super laid back! They make the whole process not seem so intimidating, and the questions they ask are pretty standard to what you would expect at others. (also there's a message board specifically about Belmont that shows the questions they asked in the first interview group, and they asked those same questions with maybe an additional 1 or 2 questions in the second group of interviews on Jan. 25th). I just got my acceptance letter from them like 20 minutes ago, so feel free to message me if you want!
Thank you for taking the time to respond! I appreciate all of the pointers. Congrats on the acceptance!! I've read quite a few have been accepted so far:) I think I asked another person this as well, but are you going to go to Belmont?

Did you end up accepting? I just got an interview for March 15 and I'm super nervous about the group interview! Any tips?

I did accept!

The interview is not that bad. They do a writing portion at the start. It's handwritten, one page, and sets up a situation for you and you need to say how you would react. The next portion is an interview. Two people interviewed me, a faculty and an OT not associated with North Central. You won't interview in front of other applicants. Interview was pretty standard. A lot of basic questions like describe yourself in three words, why ot, etc etc. The rest of the day was meeting with current students, tour of the facility, lunch.

I was accepted to St. Kate's/Catherine University! Whoot!
What do you like about their MOT program? I have so much respect for St Kate b/c I am in their AA COTA program (not starting labs until the summer). Even for undergrad liberal arts courses, they have high standards in writing, etc. This program is a back up for me because I can't pick up and move. I only applied for TWU Dallas/Denton.

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I appreciate all of the pointers. Congrats on the acceptance!! I've read quite a few have been accepted so far:) I think I asked another person this as well, but are you going to go to Belmont?

I think for now I might! Ultimately I am waiting on UT Chattanooga to send out their acceptances in March because that’s my #1(for the obvious financial reasons) but I also got accepted to a school in Montana I liked, and they gave me until the 14th to pick. So for now I’m deciding between them and Belmont until UTC lets people know!

I think for now I might! Ultimately I am waiting on UT Chattanooga to send out their acceptances in March because that’s my #1(for the obvious financial reasons) but I also got accepted to a school in Montana I liked, and they gave me until the 14th to pick. So for now I’m deciding between them and Belmont until UTC lets people know!
Wow, that is incredible!!!! I wish you the best of luck, keep me posted regarding UTC. I totally understand the financial aspect. Belmont is wonderful, but so much money!

Hi all! Has anyone applied to D'Youville's OT program? If so, has anyone heard back? I know they said end of January/early February they would send out acceptances.

Thanks!

Hi all! Has anyone applied to D'Youville's OT program? If so, has anyone heard back? I know they said end of January/early February they would send out acceptances.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm currently a MS1 in the D'youville program! I heard back last year around the 15th of February, best of luck! I suggest if you are waitlisted to stay on it because a lot of my friends were pulled off the list. Hope you hear back soon!

Hi, I'm currently a MS1 in the D'youville program! I heard back last year around the 15th of February, best of luck! I suggest if you are waitlisted to stay on it because a lot of my friends were pulled off the list. Hope you hear back soon!

Thanks for the info! Mind sharing your stats? Just curious to know what my chances are. And how are you liking the program?

Thanks for the info! Mind sharing your stats? Just curious to know what my chances are. And how are you liking the program?

To be completely honest, stats don't matter at D'Youville they tend to look at applicants holistically. Everyone's stats in the program are drastically different from each others- I think that's what my program so cool is that everyone has a different unique experience to bring to the table. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear, but there is no sense in torturing yourself... it's just a waiting game now. The program is challenging but great, I love all of the professors. There are options to take anatomy over the summer starting in May which I highly recommend because it will make your life so much easier in the Fall! Good luck, hope to see you around in August!

To be completely honest, stats don't matter at D'Youville they tend to look at applicants holistically. Everyone's stats in the program are drastically different from each others- I think that's what my program so cool is that everyone has a different unique experience to bring to the table. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear, but there is no sense in torturing yourself... it's just a waiting game now. The program is challenging but great, I love all of the professors. There are options to take anatomy over the summer starting in May which I highly recommend because it will make your life so much easier in the Fall! Good luck, hope to see you around in August!

No, that's great! That definitely helps, so I appreciate it. If I'm taking anatomy II now, do they still require you to take anatomy over the summer?? Thank you for all of your help!

No, that's great! That definitely helps, so I appreciate it. If I'm taking anatomy II now, do they still require you to take anatomy over the summer?? Thank you for all of your help!

Yes, the anatomy you are taking now is just a pre-rec. The anatomy we take is actually 2 courses wrapped into one. The first part is the functional anatomy aspect where you have a 2 hour lecture and 4 hour gross lab. The second part is the kinesiology aspect where you take a 2 hour lecture and 2 hour lab. You don't have to take it over the summer but those who did said it was much more manageable than taking it in the fall with the rest of your courses.

Yes, the anatomy you are taking now is just a pre-rec. The anatomy we take is actually 2 courses wrapped into one. The first part is the functional anatomy aspect where you have a 2 hour lecture and 4 hour gross lab. The second part is the kinesiology aspect where you take a 2 hour lecture and 2 hour lab. You don't have to take it over the summer but those who did said it was much more manageable than taking it in the fall with the rest of your courses.

Ahh okay- I understand. Thanks for all the information!

Any update from UW or Pacific? I still haven't heard from either. Starting to lose hope :(

I haven't heard from UW as well, usually I think not till mid-late February do they send out any updates!

I heard that decisions are expected to go out in early March this year. So nervous!!
Did you email and ask? last year I know they went out mid feb. hopefully they won't wait that long!

Did anyone apply to Grand Valley State and have an idea about what the timeline for interviews/acceptances are?

I only applied to one school

Rockhurst, still waiting for a reply, I feel my chances are getting slimmer by the day.

Yes, I know I only applied to one, it is the only school I wanted to attend. I'm currently employed with an amazing company, so I am able to wait another year to become a better candidate in the mean time.

Congratulations on USC!! I was wondering if you would be willing to share your stats on this page?

Thanks! yeah sure

University: UC Berkeley
Major/Minor: Molecular and Cell Biology (major), Toxicology (minor)
Overall GPA: 3.46
GRE: 161v, 160q, 5.0a
Observation Hours: 80 outpatient peds, 39 hand therapy, 45 inpatient rehab, 7 school setting
LOR: 1 OT, 1 professor, 1 supervisor ar volunteering site

Yes, I've decided to attend for sure.
Hey! Congrats on getting in, I'm still waiting to hear back! I was wondering if you received a scholarship and if so, how sizable was it? I want to know how stingy they are with scholarship money haha. Thanks!

Yeah!
GRE: 303
GPA: 3.9
Observation hours: 500ish
Experience in Research

Hey! Congrats on getting in, I'm still waiting to hear back! I was wondering if you received a scholarship and if so, how sizable was it? I want to know how stingy they are with scholarship money haha. Thanks!

Thanks! I actually turned my form in late (a few days after I received my decision), so I didn’t receive one and am not sure if I’m still able to be considered for them. Sorry I can’t be much help. Good luck! I’m sure you’ll hear from them soon.

*Updated*
Applied:
Tufts, NYU, Kean, Seton Hall, MGH IHP, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Thomas Jefferson
Interviews: UNE (Declined Interview), MGH, Sacred Heart (Declined Interview), Kean (Declined Interview)
Acceptances: Tufts (11/1)*, MGH (12/19), NYU (2/7)
Waitlist:
Rejections:
TJU
*Attending Tufts*

Last edited: