General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2016-2017 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So far....
Waitlisted at Kean and Temple
Accepted at USciences
Rejected from Towson, Stockton, Thomas Jefferson, and NYU
Still waiting to hear back from Columbia, Alvernia, Chatham, Seton Hall.

I'm registered at USciences (heard really great things about the program, and I'm really excited!), but because of cost and location would really love to go to Kean. This waiting game is so damn exhausting:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I know we are still fairly early in the 16-17 cycle but I've been seeing some people posting that they are already hearing back from schools! I figured this would be a good way to gauge how far along some schools are in the decision process. So, are there any schools you have heard back from about interviews/decisions? And when did you get all materials submitted?

I submitted my OTCAS application in mid-late August and once it was verified I got an interview at Salus within the following week or two. I still haven't heard from the three other schools that I applied to through OTCAS.

Accepted to UNC Chapel Hill, East Carolina University, Lenoir-Rhyne University, and MUSC - Medical Univ. of South Carolina

Columbia emailed me today saying they are reviewing applications and will be sending letters from next week until late April

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted: LIU Brooklyn
Waitlisted: NYU
Still waiting to hear: Columbia, Seton Hall

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted: Walsh University, University of Findlay
Waitlisted: (for an interview) at Midwestern (AZ)

Still waiting to hear from Florida International, Cleveland State

Just found out I am waitlisted at the University of Washington, Seattle.

Does anybody know if you can reserve your spot in two different programs at the same time? My top choice right now is a lot more expensive, and I won't hear back about scholarships until mid-april, which is past the deadline to accept. If I don't get any scholarships/grants/assistantships then I really can't justify going when compared to the other program that is much more affordable and still a good option.

So this is where I'm at:
Accepted: University of Mary
Waitlisted: Touro University
Denied: Pacific University
Declined Interview: Clarkson
Debating to go on interview: Midwestern Glendale

Waiting to hear from:
MCPHS, Davenport, West Coast University, SUNY

Waitlisted: NOVA, MUSC, TWU
Rejected: TJU, Rush, ECU
Interview: ECU, Hofstra

Waiting to hear from: NYU, GSU, Columbia, Temple

Last edited:
Has anyone else been waitlisted at ECU and still patiently waiting? Or anyone have any information? They seemed pretty optimistic in the email compared to other schools

Does anybody know if you can reserve your spot in two different programs at the same time? My top choice right now is a lot more expensive, and I won't hear back about scholarships until mid-april, which is past the deadline to accept. If I don't get any scholarships/grants/assistantships then I really can't justify going when compared to the other program that is much more affordable and still a good option.

I'm in the same boat. I already have deposits at two schools and a third wants their deposit by tomorrow. I emailed them asking for an extension. The tuition costs between the one I love and the cheapest is substantial but I'm probably going to go to the more expensive one because I love the program. I wish the schools would provide the financial info when they offer you acceptance to a program. Unfortunately, I will lose the deposit at one of the schools. I really want the financial info mostly so that I can free up a spot for someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted: Sage, Le Moyne, Springfield, Misericordia (weekend program)
Declined interview: Clarkson
Waiting: Columbia

Accepted: Colorado State, Ithaca
Rejected: MUSC, UWashington Seattle
Alternate: UIC
Interview: Temple

Accepted: UIC
Nova Southeastern
Rejected: Rush
UW Madison
Carroll University
Interviews: Nova Southeastern
Midwestern IL (declined)
Still waiting: UW Milwaukee

These results may give some indication which programs focus primarily on numbers, and which take a more holistic approach to their application review.

-Accepted: Colorado State
-Waitlisted: (1) University of Washington, (2) Eastern Washington University, (3) Touro U - Henderson (just emailed my declination)
-Waitlisted for interview: Midwestern University (AZ)
-Pending: A.T. Still University

I'm excited about CSU (but really wanted to stay local in WA). If anyone has any EWU wait list info, let me know!

Accepted: Sage, Le Moyne, Springfield, Misericordia (weekend program)
Declined interview: Clarkson
Waiting: Columbia

Congratulations on your acceptances! May I ask your thoughts on Misericordia and the interview, etc? I'm really interested in applying there for next year.

Congrats!!! Mind posting your stats?

College: SUNY Geneseo (2011)
Majors: Geography and Sociology
Overall Undergrad GPA: 3.89
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0

I've been working in rural community / program development for the past few years and completed a little over 50 observation hours (hospital, rehab facility, school). I am also an AmeriCorps alum and involved in several organizations as a volunteer. I applied pretty late and was concerned that my lack of healthcare experience would hurt me, but I actually think being a little older and having some different experiences helped me in the application process. Best of luck! I will not be attending Springfield so that's one more spot!

I got accepted to the University of New Hampshire and am on the waitlist at the University of New England. Anyone else accepted to UNH!?

Is an interview required for admission? I was put on their waitlist but I never interviewed
oh thats odd! I read on here some people had skype interviews. I didnt get in but best wishes!

So far....
Waitlisted at Kean and Temple
Accepted at USciences
Rejected from Towson, Stockton, Thomas Jefferson, and NYU
Still waiting to hear back from Columbia, Alvernia, Chatham, Seton Hall.

I'm registered at USciences (heard really great things about the program, and I'm really excited!), but because of cost and location would really love to go to Kean. This waiting game is so damn exhausting:confused:
Have you heard anything from Alvernia?

Shawnee State University just sent out letters via email and I just got accepted!!! Still waiting to hear back from one more school.

I was accepted to UTEP and waitlisted for Glendale. Is anyone familiar with UTEP's MOT program?

Acceptances: MCPHS, University of the Sciences, Pacific University (Attending ^__^)
Waitlist: Midwestern University (AZ) waitlisted for interview
Interviewed: West Coast University, Pacific University, Touro University (declined)
Rejected: Shenandoah, D'youville, Texas Tech, West Coast University
Still waiting: Davenport

College: SUNY Geneseo (2011)
Majors: Geography and Sociology
Overall Undergrad GPA: 3.89
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0

I've been working in rural community / program development for the past few years and completed a little over 50 observation hours (hospital, rehab facility, school). I am also an AmeriCorps alum and involved in several organizations as a volunteer. I applied pretty late and was concerned that my lack of healthcare experience would hurt me, but I actually think being a little older and having some different experiences helped me in the application process. Best of luck! I will not be attending Springfield so that's one more spot!

Same! I am a 2011 graduate as well and was just accepted at Springfield. I don't have much experience directly in healthcare but I also think they valued my 5 years in the work force doing various things.

Accepted: St. Ambrose University (accepted off waitlist 3/21)

Waitlisted: Carroll University, Midwestern AZ (for an interview)

Rejected: UW-Madison, Chatham, Brenau

Waiting to hear back: UW- Milwaukee, Mount Mary, Midwestern IL

Regardless if I get in anywhere else, I will be attending St. Ambrose, as they were my top choice! I am so relieved and excited to be accepted into a school. I had a relatively low GPA and this was my second year applying! Ahh! So excited to be going to my dream school :):soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted: St. Ambrose University (accepted off waitlist 3/21)

Waitlisted: Carroll University, Midwestern AZ (for an interview)

Rejected: UW-Madison, Chatham, Brenau

Waiting to hear back: UW- Milwaukee, Mount Mary, Midwestern IL

Regardless if I get in anywhere else, I will be attending St. Ambrose, as they were my top choice! I am so relieved and excited to be accepted into a school. I had a relatively low GPA and this was my second year applying! Ahh! So excited to be going to my dream school :):soexcited:
Congratulations! It's nice to hear that there are others in the same position - this will be my second year applying as well, as my undergrad GPA is not the best either. It's reassuring to hear of others' success stories! Best of luck to you :)

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted to Touro College in Bayshore ! only school i applied to since im still an undergrad and its a joint program. Anyone know anything about the school? =)

Accepted: University of Mary, Davenport University
Waitlisted: Touro University, MCPHS
Denied: Pacific University, Sacred Heart
Declined Interview: Clarkson
Upcoming Interview: West Coast University

Looking to attend Davenport this fall if I don't get accepted into West Coast for fall or spring

Congratulations! It's nice to hear that there are others in the same position - this will be my second year applying as well, as my undergrad GPA is not the best either. It's reassuring to hear of others' success stories! Best of luck to you :)

Did you ever hear back from Carroll?

So last year I applied and got denied everywhere, so that kind of sucked. This year I applied to some of the same schools, some different. I am so anxious to hear back, I am terrified it will be a repeat of last year :(

This is what I have so far:
Applied: Midwestern - Downers Grove & Glendale, UW Madison, UW Milwaukee, St. Ambrose, Carroll University, Mt. Mary University, Brenau Univeristy, and Chatham University.
Acceptances: None so far :(
Waitlisted: Carroll University
Rejected: Brenau, Chatham, and UW Madison
Interviewed: St. Ambrose (2/3)

I keep refreshing my email hoping to hear back, especially from St. Ambrose! Has anyone interviewed there and heard back yet?

This was my first year applying and I’ve been denied everywhere and waitlisted at one school.. can you tell me what you did differently the second time you applied to schools? Did you get more volunteer experience or raise your gpa?

This was my first year applying and I’ve been denied everywhere and waitlisted at one school.. can you tell me what you did differently the second time you applied to schools? Did you get more volunteer experience or raise your gpa?

I can help with that- I got a job teaching employability skills to people with differences. That got me very very far and I’ve been accepted to all my dream schools. I don’t have the best grade and I went to a small university. Take a few years off from applying and give yourself to the craft of OT. Nobody I interviewed with had the experience I do because everyone was so worried about getting into school and didn’t actually explore the profession. I truly recommend doing what I did and applying to work in a teaching position. Not as a para, but as an actual teacher. You will learn way more about the importance of OT and you will make an excellent teacher with all of your OT knowledge! Don’t give up. If I got here, so can you. I’d wait if I we’re you anyways because of the OTD requirement... take your time and you’ll be just as valuable as someone from Boston College, Yale, or Harvard (I had all of those in mundo interviews).

I can help with that- I got a job teaching employability skills to people with differences. That got me very very far and I’ve been accepted to all my dream schools. I don’t have the best grade and I went to a small university. Take a few years off from applying and give yourself to the craft of OT. Nobody I interviewed with had the experience I do because everyone was so worried about getting into school and didn’t actually explore the profession. I truly recommend doing what I did and applying to work in a teaching position. Not as a para, but as an actual teacher. You will learn way more about the importance of OT and you will make an excellent teacher with all of your OT knowledge! Don’t give up. If I got here, so can you. I’d wait if I we’re you anyways because of the OTD requirement... take your time and you’ll be just as valuable as someone from Boston College, Yale, or Harvard (I had all of those in mundo interviews).

Thank you for your advice! I don't want to take too much time as im an older applicant as it is (27). I do work as a Registered Behavior Technician for children on the autism spectrum (over a year) & also worked for a year as an instructor at a Pediatric Occupational Therapy Clinic running 50 minute session of groups of 1-3 kids and teaching them fine and gross motor skills, and was denied with that experience. I also have volunteer experience in peds, hand therapy, and skilled nursing facility. (300+ hours total) Where I am lacking is some of my pre reqs are 9 years old from community college when I was 18/19 and didn't care about school so much. C in Abnormal, general psych and sociology. I am going to retake those and continue with my volunteer and work experience and see where that takes me. Also decided to take the GRE as last time I only applied to schools that did not require it. A counselor told me to retake some classes and get better LORS

Thank you for your advice! I don't want to take too much time as im an older applicant as it is (27). I do work as a Registered Behavior Technician for children on the autism spectrum (over a year) & also worked for a year as an instructor at a Pediatric Occupational Therapy Clinic running 50 minute session of groups of 1-3 kids and teaching them fine and gross motor skills, and was denied with that experience. I also have volunteer experience in peds, hand therapy, and skilled nursing facility. (300+ hours total) Where I am lacking is some of my pre reqs are 9 years old from community college when I was 18/19 and didn't care about school so much. C in Abnormal, general psych and sociology. I am going to retake those and continue with my volunteer and work experience and see where that takes me. Also decided to take the GRE as last time I only applied to schools that did not require it. A counselor told me to retake some classes and get better LORS

I’m 28! And I saw a number of people in that age range and above at my interviews. Don’t be discouraged. Your job as a behavior technician is huge- focus on that and forget about people who came straight from school- we would never be able to compete with them without our experience. I believe I got into the schools I did because I see this not as a means to an end for me, but I see this degree as more knowledge to help my students. Keep that in mind always and walk towards it with purpose! I was rejected 3 times and now I’m going to WashU. Believe in yourself!

I’m 28! And I saw a number of people in that age range and above at my interviews. Don’t be discouraged. Your job as a behavior technician is huge- focus on that and forget about people who came straight from school- we would never be able to compete with them without our experience. I believe I got into the schools I did because I see this not as a means to an end for me, but I see this degree as more knowledge to help my students. Keep that in mind always and walk towards it with purpose! I was rejected 3 times and now I’m going to WashU. Believe in yourself!
Aww thank you for the support!!! Congrats and good job on percerviering and not giving up!! It’s such a hard and long journey but I know it wil all be worth it in the end !!

I got accepted to the University of New Hampshire and am on the waitlist at the University of New England. Anyone else accepted to UNH!?

Are you attending UNH? I have applied to the program for fall 2019 and was curious how the program was. Would you mind sharing your stats? GPA, Cum GPA, etc?