Who has been to Mnazi Mmoja hospital at Zanzibar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stewartc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The first question is about the application process. I have applied to Dr. Omar of Mnazi Mmoja hospital via email. He replied and accepted me in a brief email. He did not mention there will be any sort of written confirmation for my attachment. I recognize this is the case for most students who have applied to them previously. I really wanna know if anyone who had actually got a letter of confirmation from them? Or everyone's just depart for Zanzibar with his email approval?

The second question is about the accomodation. In his email, Dr. Omar mentioned he will arrange accomodation for me, at $10/night. Anyone has actually been living under his arrangements? How's the conditions? Is $10/night a reasonable price for a decent room/apartment?

Please help me in sorting out these questions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hoping to go to Mnazi Mmoja myself. Had it set up a few years back but the trip fell through and I am having trouble getting in touch with my old contact. Thought maybe you could help me out with some contact info and personal experience if you have already gone. Thanks.
Jon

Hello stewartc
I wrote you a private message, I don't know if you received it??!

Thanks