Who applied to university of Florida?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a rejection from UF yet? I'm still waiting to receiving something from them. No news is good news... but I would rather prefer a rejection than having to wait this long.

Members don't see this ad.

dgroulx said:
This will be your primary contact email when you are on rotations. It looks more professional to use your first initial and your last name. You can still keep your regular email for fun stuff and just use the UF one for school business. Your UF email is read by your campus director, so that kind of limits it to school stuff unless you enjoy your privacy being violated.
Wait, the campus director has access to our UF email accounts?

I still haven't heard anything and as far as I know they haven't sent rejections yet. I called to check and got the same answer - "the rest of the letters will be sent in may" whatever that means. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
crossjb said:
I was accepted from out-of-state. I declined a spot mainly for financial reasons.

UF's application process was fair -- inexpensive and they were relatively quick to make a decision on my application.
You're lucky!! They took FOREVER to get back to me!! The wait almost killed me!!!! I'm talking 7 or 8 months... really.

A couple of my friends are still waiting to hear from them. I haven't heard of anyone getting a rejection letter yet. The wait definitely sucks...good luck guys!

oh yea...2006 Men's Basketball National Champions!!! :D

I received my acceptance letter today for the Orlando satellite campus.

Congrats and Welcome to all new Orlando Students!

Chambo said:

Good, that means I'll probably be getting my rejection letter soon :D Atleast, this torturous wait will be over. I've probably spent more time checking mail than studying this semester

Chambo said:

Hi Chambo,

Are you in state or out of state? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Amith said:
Good, that means I'll probably be getting my rejection letter soon :D Atleast, this torturous wait will be over. I've probably spent more time checking mail than studying this semester
UF doesn't usually send rejection letters unless they're absolutely sure there are no spots and what-not. Many people were waitlisted and quite a few found out only a few weeks-months before class started. I guess as the letters come in from students who don't want to go there, they send out more letters. It kinda sucks but that's just how they do it.

so UF doesn't have interviews?

fsupharm said:
so UF doesn't have interviews?

No, they don't do interviews...which could be a good or bad thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
miss_taken said:
No, they don't do interviews...which could be a good or bad thing.

bad for me, i'm good at interviews.....and i need a chance to show up my stupid 3.0 gpa. damn you, engineering.

honestly if they're not gonna take me, i'd rather them just go ahead and let me know. waiting is annoying.

meLtdown4meL said:
Hi Chambo,

Are you in state or out of state? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

In state.

3.85 gpa, 90 pcat, BS in Nutritional Science from UF.

If UF doesn't really send out rejections- does that mean that everybody gets put on a waitlist?? Are people assigned waitlist #'s?? I guess getting waitlisted is better than getting rejected... :idea:

meLtdown4meL said:
If UF doesn't really send out rejections- does that mean that everybody gets put on a waitlist?? Are people assigned waitlist #'s?? I guess getting waitlisted is better than getting rejected... :idea:

This has been a very informative thread since UF is the school I hope to get into. I am in Ohio right now doing my undergrad but I will be moving to FL shortly and will be a resident before even applying to UF so hopefully that will help me a little bit. Congrats to all of you who were accepted to UF. I had no idea that they did not interview. I am not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I guess if everything looks good on my end that's all I can do.

meLtdown4meL said:
It's not that they do not send out rejections, they just wait until the last minute to do so.

ethyl said:
;) You can change it on-campus. No biggie. I managed to get [email protected] ... :oops:

I meant my hotmail account that they were using to communicate with me before i got the ufl stuff together.

I called in and was told that the 'admissions process would be complete at the end of May.' So it looks like everyone will know, either way, in about a month. Although, I don't know why I'm even hoping, out of staters always have it the worst lol

Amith said:
I called in and was told that the 'admissions process would be complete at the end of May.' So it looks like everyone will know, either way, in about a month. Although, I don't know why I'm even hoping, out of staters always have it the worst lol

Yeah, last year I got my rejection letter toward the end of May, so that is when I expect it this year.

at the risk of getting flamed...

any knowledge of Uof F acceptance of Online courses for the pre-reqs.?

ive got a couple years til ill have my ducks in a row to apply to Uof F orlando campus.

trying to knock the pre reqs out and work saving lives at same time a 24 hr on 48 hr off work schedule does not lend it's self to traditional study. also trying to get a pharm tech job for work experience.

as a paramedic i work with some meds and am familiar with meds my patients use. also dispensed meds as an army medic, hoping to expand my knowledge base on the job.

be safe,

brett

Trancelucent1 said:
UF doesn't usually send rejection letters unless they're absolutely sure there are no spots and what-not. .

What-not? Who did you pick that up from?

So I just called and spoke with Mary...again. They are still reviewing apps till the end of May. I asked if mine was even looked at and she said "not yet" and then she said that "essentionally everyone gets looked at" so hopefully I still have a shot. *praying*

This year I went to the Open House in Jacksonville, and during the presentations they said that starting this year, they would accept online classes for pre-reqs.

badphish said:
at the risk of getting flamed...

any knowledge of Uof F acceptance of Online courses for the pre-reqs.?

I just want you guys to know that UF does send rejection letters because I got mine about two weeks ago. :cool: sigh.. well, at least I don't have to be on the waiting list for the next two or three months -- and more waiting.

would you be kind enough to tell me the personal statement question that UF asks in their supplemental application and do you have any advice at all aout applying to UF? Or writing your personal statement. Any advice wouuld be greatly appreciated.
~CHAO

ethyl said:
I hated the UF application. I spent around 2-3 weeks soul searching and rough drafting for my Pharmcas personal statement... and BAM I open the UF supplemental application and it's practically another, more specified full personal statement.

Anyways, if you think UF is asking for too much, try applying to Monroe Louisiana and you'll flip.

cherryturnover said:
I just want you guys to know that UF does send rejection letters because I got mine about two weeks ago. :cool: sigh.. well, at least I don't have to be on the waiting list for the next two or three months -- and more waiting.

I'm sorry to hear that. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

butterfly18 said:
would you be kind enough to tell me the personal statement question that UF asks in their supplemental application and do you have any advice at all aout applying to UF? Or writing your personal statement. Any advice wouuld be greatly appreciated.
~CHAO
Just your typical interview type questions: Describe personality traits, your strongest aspects, extra currics, failing grades and of course the dreaded "what can you contribute to the university?". :p

GatorRxGirl said:
I'm sorry to hear that. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

PCAT - 72
GPA - 3.2

I can understand why I got rejected so it's all good :cool:

when did they start sending out rejection letters? am i on a waiting list if i didn't get anything?

fsupharm said:
when did they start sending out rejection letters? am i on a waiting list if i didn't get anything?

Seems like if you have not yet been contacted either way, it just means that they're still considering your app. I've emailed and called UF several times, and have been told each time that a final decision will be made towards the end of May. The staff is really very pleasant, I would just call and inquire about your status. Good Luck :luck:

i called today and they said all seats have been filled an they are working on a very big waiting list

Great, more good news for us...who doesn't want to spend the entire summer being on a wait list :rolleyes:

Well I guess I can pretty much count on not getting in then. They have all the people they want. Who told you this?

I don't get it, just received an email from Mary stating that they are still processing applications...what's the deal? :confused: Maybe they are processing apps to place them on waiting list

Maybe they meant they have all the applications that they're going to review? These schools are so vague, you know. I'm losing hope but hopinig for a miracle. Anyone else not heard anything at all?

i believe its for the waiting list. the lady told me when i called that all 300 seats were filled and at the end of the month a huge waiting list will be done.

fsupharm said:
i believe its for the waiting list. the lady told me when i called that all 300 seats were filled and at the end of the month a huge waiting list will be done.
Is there a form I'm supposed to attach when having my Spring transcripts sent to UF?

ethyl said:
Is there a form I'm supposed to attach when having my Spring transcripts sent to UF?

I hope not! In the past, Ihad just sent all my to the College of Pharmacy.

Can you PM me if you find out there is. Thanks.

Good luck to everyone waiting :luck: to hear.

A lot of people get in on the wait list, so don't give up hope yet!

Did everyone at the Jax campus get that e-mail the other day? Is anyone going to go to one of the information sessions? I think I'm going to go to the first one.

ethyl said:

Na, just have them sent to the COP student affairs office.

I still haven't heard anything from UF- which I'm assuming is a no. I did read in a prior post that somebody was rejected already... so I guess if you haven't heard back, you're probably on the waitlist.

Goodluck everyone!

Has anyone been rejected recently? I know people have been waitlisted within the last week or so. I'm wondering if they're done sending out waitlist notices.

There is only going to be 60 people on the wait list and about 10-15 of us will get in from there. The first batch of wait list letters was sent last week and the rest will continue to come throughout the month. So that's what they told me.

I got my waitlist letter today. I wonder how many people are on the waitlist?? Has anyone heard anything specific??

Just to let yall know, I go to the University of West Florida here in pensacola and they are working on getting another satillite campus for UF so that could mean more people would get accepted since they would have another campus to fill :D