Who applied to university of Florida?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GatorRxGirl said:
Ok so I got an 83 PCAT in October and retook it in January. I'm hoping I did better on this one. My GPA for the classes that UF looks at is only a 3.0 though. So I won't even get looked at?

All I know is that as of now, only applicants with an 80+ PCAT and >3.4 math/science gpa are being evaluated. This is information straight from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs of UF COP. Will the criteria change as the application cycle progresses?....I don't know. As nerdystar pointed out, I have no idea of what anyone's exact circumstances are (I kind of figured people would assume this).

Read for yourself: http://geocities.com/pharmgator97/index2.htm

Click on Our site has moved, and then on the Past Meetings link. Choose the meeting for 1/19 and scroll down to Admissions update.

Members don't see this ad.

GatorRxGirl said:
Ok so I got an 83 PCAT in October and retook it in January. I'm hoping I did better on this one. My GPA for the classes that UF looks at is only a 3.0 though. So I won't even get looked at?

I don't know where they set their cut off point this year. You may get looked at with a 3.0, but you may not. It really depends on the number of apps that they receive.

tennismn said:
Hey, I know this is slightly off topic, but I just heard from UF last night. I got accepted to the Jacksonville campus, which was my first choice. Woohoo! :)

Good luck to all of you that have applied. This waiting period kills me, so I hope you all don't have to wait very long.

Congrats!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
cdpiano27 said:
Unfortunately, UF DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE SCHOOL WHERE THE CLASSES ARE TAKEN. I know a pharmacist who is a long-term alumnus of the school and often talks to the people who make the decisions.

I once asked if community college courses would be frowned upon (I took General Chem and Physics at a CC before transferring and I am now in graduate school) and I was told both from him and the admissions over there is that they totally just use grades, PCAT and DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT SCHOOLS!!!!

But I would ask this question again and tell them that you are from UVA.
However, UF accepts about only 3 out-of-state applicants each year!!!
UNC-Chapel Hill is more likely to accept you out of state!

3 out of state? :eek:
I am NJ resident and... pharmacy school in NJ only accepted 5 transfer last year.. :(

crossjb said:
As a Florida resident, you should be in a good position to get in w/those stats.

Thank you. On a Monday morning like today, where I wait to hear from the school and from a couple of places about tech jobs, I really need this kind words!

Usi ,
i have a very strong feeling that you will get a large white envelope from UF,
Relax it is coming this week!!
Toscogo

toscogo said:
Usi ,
Toscogo

OK I believe you. I'll let you know what it says.
Remember. If I am called for an interview, I blame you :laugh:
Thank you!

toscogo said:
Usi ,
Toscogo
O M G!!!!
Are you ESP person or are you in the AdComm?
Because I just went to my mailbox, on this rainy Monday lunch and I get this big white envelope from UF.
I am thinking. Come down usi, maybe they need some form or something and then the first thing I see is
IMPORTANT do not delay! Immunization Form!
Then I shuffle through the forms and letter, and there it is. The nicest statement I have read in years...
...the admissions committee has granted you Conditional Admission into the College of Pharmacy for the Fall semseter 2006 ST Petersburg Campus!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :laugh:
I love you guys! Thank you for nursing me through the long wait, and all the advise and all th rants and raves,
I could not have done it without you guys!!!!!

usi said:
O M G!!!!
Because I just went to my mailbox, on this rainy Monday lunch and I get this big white envelope from UF.
I am thinking. Come down usi, maybe they need some form or something and then the first thing I see is
Then I shuffle through the forms and letter, and there it is. The nicest statement I have read in years...
...the admissions committee has granted you Conditional Admission into the College of Pharmacy for the Fall semseter 2006 ST Petersburg Campus!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :laugh:
I love you guys! Thank you for nursing me through the long wait, and all the advise and all th rants and raves,

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats! I know you're feeling hella awesome right now! :)

usi said:
O M G!!!!
:thumbup: That's great! :D

congrats, usi! i like seeing people on here celebrate... :D

Well what can i say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i say no more, I was rooting for you all along, not surprisei All road lead to GATORS!!!
Usi
Toscogo
Tennismi
Class of 2010!!

Toscogo

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys.
Somehow this experience is a whole lot more meaningful in my life with yall in it!

Congrats! Now you can enjoy filling out the immunization form, and sending all the paperwork in. Another Gator joins the fold.

Congrats to all new gators! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey Everyone... this is my first time posting here, and I've read about a few people getting into UF and wanted to know if you guys think I have a chance. I'm so nervous about getting in, I heard back from Palm Beach Atlantic on Friday, and I got in there. But I want to be a Gator so badly...

Anyway... here are my scores:

GPA- 3.46
PCAT- 90%

I hope its good enough...

Ritzy said:
Hey Everyone... this is my first time posting here, and I've read about a few people getting into UF and wanted to know if you guys think I have a chance. I'm so nervous about getting in, I heard back from Palm Beach Atlantic on Friday, and I got in there. But I want to be a Gator so badly...

Anyway... here are my scores:

GPA- 3.46
PCAT- 90%

I hope its good enough...

great job on PBA!

I really hope to get in as well, I truly do not want to be set back a year.

GPA 3.5 and 88 pcat, so we are very similar.

Iseebigppl said:
great job on PBA!

I really hope to get in as well, I truly do not want to be set back a year.

GPA 3.5 and 88 pcat, so we are very similar.

Thanks! Good luck!

Ritzy said:
Thanks! Good luck!

When did you get all of your UF application stuff in?

Do they have rolling admissons?

Iseebigppl said:
When did you get all of your UF application stuff in?

Do they have rolling admissons?

It seems like it... but I don't have any inside "connections" so I'm not really sure. I got my application in back in September, minus my PCAT score (I took it in October). The just received my Fall transcript first week of January from PharmCAS. So I figured they'd probably want to see all of that before they made any decisions on me... since I'm so borderline. When did you get your app. in?

ethyl said:
Thanks for the info!

Any word if they give extra consideration to those with bachelors degrees?

I sure hope I did better on the PCAT last Saturday so I can satisfy their initial screening. :scared:

Hey there....sorry to say this, but UF does NOT give any extra consideration to anyone, bachelors or not. I graduated from UF with my bachelors, called admissions to see if that even mattered and the lady said no. She told me that they go by the numbers mostly and provide equal opportunity to every student whether they have a degree or not. So, if you had times when getting your bachelors that you didn't do so hot, it can actually count against you gpa-wise. From what I understand, the average accepted student PCAT score is around a 91 ! Hope this answers your question, good luck!

KristenN said:
Hey there....sorry to say this, but UF does NOT give any extra consideration to anyone, bachelors or not. I graduated from UF with my bachelors, called admissions to see if that even mattered and the lady said no. She told me that they go by the numbers mostly and provide equal opportunity to every student whether they have a degree or not. So, if you had times when getting your bachelors that you didn't do so hot, it can actually count against you gpa-wise. From what I understand, the average accepted student PCAT score is around a 91 ! Hope this answers your question, good luck!

I have a copy of my applicant summary sheet. It lists the schools that you attended and indicates which school where you took the majority of your pre-pharmacy courses. Underneath this, they list where you got your AA and your BS/BA. This date will be left blank if you don't have one. They also have a line for microbiology and one for biochemistry. These are not pre-reqs, but they look at whether or not you have taken them.

So, it may not matter, but they look at 1) where you completed your pre-reqs 2) whether you have a BS/BA & 3) if you took micro & biochem. Maybe these are tie-breakers or something.

Ritzy said:
It seems like it... but I don't have any inside "connections" so I'm not really sure. I got my application in back in September, minus my PCAT score (I took it in October). The just received my Fall transcript first week of January from PharmCAS. So I figured they'd probably want to see all of that before they made any decisions on me... since I'm so borderline. When did you get your app. in?

about 2 days before it was due. I do regret that.

Iseebigppl said:

For my self, I submitted my pharmcas in dec 31 and I finished the supplemental in jan 31..
I regret doing it so late too :(

Iseebigppl said:
did you hear anything from them ?

joygirlx105 said:
did you hear anything from them ?

I'm still waiting to hear back... anyone else heard anything yet? It seems like nobody has been accepted since that first batch of acceptances. I guess that is a good thing since I haven't heard anything yet.

Ritzy said:

Na, no rolling admissions. I think the adcom maybe met once or twice near the end of the fall 2005 semester and made a few acceptances but that's it. The adcom started meeting regularly after the spring 2006 semester was underway and started mailing out acceptances in January, even though the app. deadline was Feb.1. Since UF is not rolling admissions and accepts the January PCAT, many applicants took the January PCAT. So if you have a low to average PCAT by UF's standards, it is a possibility that they may wait to see if you have January PCAT scores coming in.

UnclePimpJuice said:
Na, no rolling admissions. I think the adcom maybe met once or twice near the end of the fall 2005 semester and made a few acceptances but that's it. The adcom started meeting regularly after the spring 2006 semester was underway and started mailing out acceptances in January, even though the app. deadline was Feb.1. Since UF is not rolling admissions and accepts the January PCAT, many applicants took the January PCAT. So if you have a low to average PCAT by UF's standards, it is a possibility that they may wait to see if you have January PCAT scores coming in.

I heard something from UF just yesterday. Not acceptance, but it let me know they are working on my app. So thats good news... and from the sound of it they just started to look at it. It had said on their website they would wait for the most part until Feb. 1st to really start admitting peope, so I'm looking forward to knowing!

Hang in there guys! I know how hard is to wait and see...
Good luck!

usi said:
Hang in there guys! I know how hard is to wait and see...
Good luck!

I wanna know RIGHT NOW!! lol. I'm hoping for the best...hoping to be a GATOR! I dunno...so worried. :scared:

Ritzy said:
I heard something from UF just yesterday. Not acceptance, but it let me know they are working on my app. So thats good news... and from the sound of it they just started to look at it. It had said on their website they would wait for the most part until Feb. 1st to really start admitting peope, so I'm looking forward to knowing!

Did they send you an email or something to let you know that they are working on your app.?

joygirlx105 said:
Did they send you an email or something to let you know that they are working on your app.?

Yeah, they had to ask me a question about it and asked me to fax them back the answer as soon as possible. Of course, I did it as soon as they gave it to me. So I'm hoping that means they are looking my app. over as we speak...

Ritzy said:
Yeah, they had to ask me a question about it and asked me to fax them back the answer as soon as possible. Of course, I did it as soon as they gave it to me. So I'm hoping that means they are looking my app. over as we speak...

They asked me a question on late December, and I received my letter on late January. Hang in there

usi said:
They asked me a question on late December, and I received my letter on late January. Hang in there

I did... and I got in!!! I just got that big white envelope in the mail today! I was actually expecting it to be something from UNC... and flipped out when I saw UF on it! So here I come... UF - Jacksonville!!!!

thats awesome. good for you!! CONGRATS

Hey guys,

When I check my status on this page: http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/grad/profindex.html with my UFID and password, it just tells me my name and birthday and says "Fall 2006" but it says all questions should be directed to the appropriate program. It doesn't tell me anything about status. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone know? Thanks :)

Jessica

When I go to that page to check my status, it says I don't have an application for a future term. Slightly disconcerting, since I already got accepted, and returned my confirmation that I'll attend in the fall.

CONGRATULATIONS RITZY!

I notice the ISIS system lags behind, so yall need to give some time, but do check by calling... because you never know.
I am checking everytime I send something.

see yall in orientation, that seems like a long time from now....August....

Are you guys aware you could view pictures of all current students?If you go to current student and login with your updated password then you will have access to this site only for admitted students. Don't forget to fill the FAFSA application as soon as possible to be eligible for fiancial aid.
Toscogo

toscogo said:
Are you guys aware you could view pictures of all current students?If you go to current student and login with your updated password then you will have access to this site only for admitted students. Don't forget to fill the FAFSA application as soon as possible to be eligible for fiancial aid.
Toscogo

How does that work? How do I get an updated password?

It's your gatorlink password, so if it's expired, you have to call the computing help desk to get it reset. I checked out the St. Pete campus - have a friend in her 2nd year there.

Ritzy said:
I did... and I got in!!! I just got that big white envelope in the mail today! I was actually expecting it to be something from UNC... and flipped out when I saw UF on it! So here I come... UF - Jacksonville!!!!

great job.

when did you have your app. in?

joygirl...I have not heard yet.

Iseebigppl said:
great job.

when did you have your app. in?

joygirl...I have not heard yet.

I had my supplemental stuff in by the end of September, but I took the October PCAT so they didn't get my scores until Dec. 6th. Also, my fall transcript went in on Jan. 6th (according to PharmCAS). I'm assuming they waited to see it all, and make decisions on it, until everyone's app.s were in on Feb. 1st... so I'm sure everyone will be hearing soon! Good luck!

has anybody else heard anything recently?

I got my acceptance letter for the Gainesville campus last week. You really can't check the status of your application online. Just call them and ask. The lady's pretty nice about it. Good luck everyone!!

miss_taken said:
I got my acceptance letter for the Gainesville campus last week. You really can't check the status of your application online. Just call them and ask. The lady's pretty nice about it. Good luck everyone!!

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

GatorRxGirl said:

+1. I have not heard, but I did manage to get my PCAT up to a 94%, so I hope that helps . :D

GatorRxGirl said:

I got a 92 on my PCAT and my math and science gpa was 3.82. I'm doing the 2 year instead of getting a bachelor's first. I guess it also helps that I'm already at UF for my undergrad. My friend also got accepted but a couple of my other friends are waiting. She sent in her application before I did so I don't know what happened with her. Good luck guys!

I know that some invitations have already been given out, but know that the adcom is still meeting and deciding on students. It may be a couple months before all of the decisions have been mailed out. Good luck all~ I know the waiting is torture!!