Which US Schools should I apply to? V. GOOD ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just keeps getting better. You're applying to MD/PhD programs?

Also, I'm sure if you just email those schools about their lazy choice of a Sept 1 deadline they'll be sure to waive it for you.

At first I thought this guy was on the level. Now I'm sure he is trolling us.When does AMCAS shut down? Today is November 7 and if he is still in the application process I don't see anyway in hell he can get 60 application done. I don't believe he can get 10 done. That's if he even gets 10 secondaries.

I was so surprised to see this thread again.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Is it fine to do my last Organic chemistry course in the summer before acceptance? I wasn't able to take it before due to course schedule conflict.

Also, with my GPA, shouldn't I expect to get secondaries for max of 20 of 60?

Do schools see how many schools I applied to?

A lot of schools need it done by April, so you should contact the 60 schools individually...

This is literally the least of your concerns though applying to MD/PhD with a 3.3/28 and submitting in November.

This trolling is getting desperate.

:lock:

Members don't see this ad :)
Will someone please close this thread........

:(

I am asking a serious question. This is not middle school. But it feels like it from the bullying I'm getting around here. YOU'RE ALL ALSO WASTING MY SCARCE TIME because the deadline is today. What time is it? I can't find it anywhere. What have I done to upset you?

This thread was awesome. Thanks, OP.

I await the inevitable follow-up thread where you claim to have been accepted at numerous schools!

...My guess is sometime next week.

I await the inevitable follow-up thread where you claim to have been accepted at numerous schools!

All things considered I'm expecting Harvard/MIT mstp.

All things considered I'm expecting Harvard/MIT mstp.

And you all want to be helpful doctors, yet you're sabotaging me again and again at the time I need the most help? You're nothing but selfish pricks into it for the money (based on your personalities). I hope medical schools catch you for who you are or you get a strong pay cut that makes you reconsider risking patients' lives for lots of money, for your future patients' sake. This time SDN has disappointed me.

Last edited:
And you all want to be helpful doctors, yet you're sabotaging me again and again at the time I need the most help? You're nothing but selfish pricks into it for the money (based on your personalities). I hope medical schools catch you for who you are or you get a strong pay cut that makes you reconsider risking patients' lives for lots of money, for your future patients' sake. This time SDN has disappointed me.

Sector9, the OP is a honest cheeseball. Take care of this like you take care of everything else.

utz_cheese_balls_lg.gif

utz_cheese_balls_lg.gif

utz_cheese_balls_lg.gif

Members don't see this ad :)

We definitely sabotaged you.

Do you know what "sabotaged" means? I don't ask due to your dismal VR score, but rather because of your tenuous grasp of the English language in general. :thumbup:

We definitely sabotaged you.

Do you know what "sabotaged" means? I don't ask due to your dismal VR score, but rather because of your tenuous grasp of the English language in general. :thumbup:

Accepted anywhere good yet?

Can someone please tell me the deadline already? :(

12 PS makes me a cheese ball, guy-with-the-cheese-ball-avatar?

Accepted anywhere good yet?

I am well-diversified.
troll_face.png

...Currently spanning from "not ranked" to top ~25 (and VERY happy with one of the schools in particular).

Have NOT broken into the Top 15 as of yet, so def not holding my breath all the way until March for these non-rolling decisions. I'm not one of the 35+ mcat folk that can expect hearing back with good news. :smuggrin:

Edit: oops, wrong forum lingo ;)

Last edited:
I am well-diversified.
troll_face.png

...Currently spanning from "not ranked" to top ~25 (and VERY happy with one of the schools in particular).

Have NOT broken into the T20 as of yet, so def not holding my breath all the way until March for these non-rolling decisions. I'm not one of the 35+ mcat folk that can expect hearing back with good news. :smuggrin:

I'd take 10 pubs over a 35+ anyday...

Although AMCAS closes at 7 PM, if I submit my application afterward but before midnight, would it go through since it's electronic?

Although AMCAS closes at 7 PM, if I submit my application afterward but before midnight, would it go through since it's electronic?

That's a great question!

After researching the inquiry very thoroughly, I have come to this answer...

Yes, here it is:

Contact AMCAS
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 202-828-0600
Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-7p.m. (ET)

I wonder how many last-minute applications AMCAS usually receives?

Also, Ash - nobody on SDN has been in your situation regarding submission so late. Do yourself a favor and contact AMCAS instead of stressing yourself out thinking we can help.

I just read this thread in its entirety. I'd like to say thanks, OP, for the stress relief you gave me. When you post about your Harvard/MIT HST acceptance later this cycle, please keep the quality up, especially with regard to BOLDING, capitalization, and underlining to get your point across. I'd also suggest incorporation of some italics.

So now it's our fault when he doesn't get accepted anyplace? Makes sense actually. He isn't responsible for his low grades, his really low VR and lack of clinical experience. And we are after all sabotaging this whole process for him. Make that call yet AshPreMed?

I have a question: For the Work/Activities section, should I fill up at least half of each activity's box (700 characters), or can I only insert 2-3 sentences if that is all I need? Thanks.

PLEASE someone tell me! If I submit a primary application now for a few schools can I change my primary application when I submit for schools afterward when I add more schools?

I have a question: For the Work/Activities section, should I fill up at least half of each activity's box (700 characters), or can I only insert 2-3 sentences if that is all I need? Thanks.

You should fill up enough to describe the activity AND state what you learned from it. 2-3 sentences won't really suffice and I would think most people end up closer to the character limit than the halfway mark.

PLEASE someone tell me! If I submit a primary application now for a few schools can I change my primary application when I submit for schools afterward when I add more schools?

Once you submit your primary to any school, it becomes locked.

You should really think whether you want to do this right now though.

* Rushed primary application: 1 hour until the deadline is not much time to complete everything to a satisfactory degree
* Late, late, late application

Those two reasons alone should make you think about submitting, regardless of your stats (although as others said, the MCAT VR score is going to be tough to overcome).

I've also seen nothing about LORs. Do you have LORs ready to go?

Lol @ the unsuspecting travelers feeding the troll.

Lol @ the unsuspecting travelers feeding the troll.

I don't regard him as a troll, I regard posters like you who are just here for a show and a chuckle as trolls.

He may be severely misguided and aggressively argumentative, but that doesn't make anyone better than him.

Don't help the guy if you don't want to but to just take potshots at him and laugh at his mistakes is ridiculous and belittling.

I don't regard him as a troll, I regard posters like you who are just here for a show and a chuckle as trolls.

He may be severely misguided and aggressively argumentative, but that doesn't make anyone better than him.

Don't help the guy if you don't want to but to just take potshots at him and laugh at his mistakes is ridiculous and belittling.

Does it ever get lonely all the way up there on that horse?

Ash, you have spent considerable amount of time trying to convince all us that 1) the VR is unnecessary, wrong, poorly measures ability, and useless. We are students, like you. No need to try to convince us. We are not an admission committee (except LizzyM).

You have also asked "can't I apply anyway?" Yes. You can do whatever you want. Not recommended until you fix some deficits, but no one is stopping you from applying.

If you are verified this year, and don't accepted and apply in a subsequent year, you'd be considered a reapplicant. The expectation for reapplicants are harder.

You have also pointed out that "next time", you'' do much better on the MCAT test. Excellent. Maybe you'll get that >34, but be sure to focus on raising the VR portion. I see that you're strong in the sciences, but medicine is much more about reading and communicating with patients and other doctors. Hence less emphasis on the sciences and more on communication and comprehension.

MCAT: 12PS (95 percentile), 10 BS, 6 VR (out of time. My diagnostic was higher. Plan to rewrite in Jan then April): 28P
Next year, there isn't a separate writing portion in the MCAT.

Oops. Didn't realize this went on and on and on and on. Troll-ism, eh? I should have known something "was off" when I saw something about MD/PhD on that 1st page. <<chuckle with a 3.3>> My bad.

Does it ever get lonely all the way up there on that horse?

Ironic given the posts I've seen you make in this thread.

Its very simple. If you don't want to help the guy because you think he's a troll, stop posting in his thread asking for help.

Thanks, Jepstein. I know I make mistakes... But I'm just trying.

Thanks, Jepstein. I know I make mistakes... But I'm just trying.

You should really save the money, time, and stress for yourself and prepare your application over the next six months. Take the good advice (when it was given) here and turn your application from a sub-par one into an excellent one. Apply next June, have a successful cycle, and then report back to us on how you did. I foresee nothing but heartbreak trying to force an application through at this point. Most everyone who gets accepted puts their heart and soul into these applications over an extensive period of time. Rushing it is going to stick out like a sore thumb, even if they let you past the screen with a VR of 6. There truly is no reason to push your application through right now.

:eek:

I will go ahead and assume you skipped the first three pages of this thread in which legitimate advice was offered and he responded with insults and pouting.

I didn't enter this thread to laugh at OP, but he is pretty obviously here to keep baiting people. As soon as this thread dies down he posts something even more ridiculous just to keep it going.

Feel free to waste your time with OP, but please save us the white knighting.

I will go ahead and assume you skipped the first three pages of this thread in which legitimate advice was offered and he responded with insults and pouting.

I didn't enter this thread to laugh at OP, but he is pretty obviously here to keep baiting people. As soon as this thread dies down he posts something even more ridiculous just to keep it going.

Excuse me? You've been insulting me all this time. Now you start lying to make people think I have been insulting? I didn't insult anyone all through this thread. I have the moral decency not to.

Your post is so outrageously malicious and full of lies, I HONESTLY believe the mods should warn/suspend you for that. And I would be very disappointed if the Mods don't even give you a warning. If they don't warn you, are they suggesting that people are allowed to visit others' honest threads and start insulting them and trying to make others not provide help for them? Is this what SDN forum is about? The only reason this thread is long is a couple of bullies started attacking me and I had to defend myself (read it for yourself). The amount of actual help received in this thread, compared with the bullying and time-wasting attacks made by bullies who want to feel good about themselves, is less than 20% of it. This behavior has been allowed since Page 1 of my thread and I've had enough of it. People who gave me honest advice, not those who threw it in with their attacks, also repeatedly stated that I have been getting unfairly abused here by "trolls" (those who actually called me a troll).

McLoaf why do you keep lying and why are you so malicious? Is it your rejections? Is it my EC experience? You are just being a bully, a troll, who can only feel good about his rejections by absolutely attacking, lying, and insulting others. That is the truth. Go away, please. You are contributing nothing positive and only very negatively to everyone on SDN. When readers see people like you constantly lying and bullying others here without any consequences, it gives a feeling that SDN overall is like that. That is where I believe Mods are greatly needed and should stop you.

This is my last post to trolls like you. I will not feed you any longer, rather I will simply Report your post to the administrators for violating the terms of SDN. Enjoy bullying others.

Last edited:
Would you shut up already? You've been insulting me all this time. Now you start lying to make people think I have been insulting? I didn't insult anyone all through this thread. I have the moral decency not to.

Your post is so outrageously malicious and full of lies, I HONESTLY believe the mods should suspend you for that. And I would be extremely dissapointed if the Mods don't even give you a warning. If they don't warn you, are they suggesting that people are allowed to visit others' honest threads and start insulting them and trying to make others not provide help for them? Is this what SDN forum is about? Because this behavior has been allowed since Page 1 of my thread and I've had enough of it.

McLoaf why do you keep lying and why are you so malicious? You are just being a bully, a troll, who can only feel good about his rejections by absolutely attacking, lying, and insulting others. That is the truth. Go away, please. You are contributing nothing positive and only very negatively to everyone on SDN. When readers see people like you constantly lying and bullying others here without any consequences, it gives a feeling that all of SDN is like that. That is where I believe Mods are greatly needed and should intervene.

Aw, your post didn't have any parenthetical remarks or bolded phrases.. where did they go? THAT is the AshPreMed we all know and love.

If you feel like he's trolling you and you no longer want to help him, stop visiting his thread asking for help.

No-one would blame you for not trying to help him, he got his advice and responded poorly.. doesn't mean anyone gets to laugh at him (i.e. see post above).

very simple. If you think this thread is here to troll people. stop visiting it and it will no longer troll you.

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

9/10
Trolled a ton of people. Game recognize game. Respect.

If you feel like he's trolling you and you no longer want to help him, stop visiting his thread asking for help.

No-one would blame you for not trying to help him, he got his advice and responded poorly.. doesn't mean anyone gets to laugh at him (i.e. see post above).

very simple. If you think this thread is here to troll people. stop visiting it and it will no longer troll you.

Yes, this is probably the more mature route to take.

As for you, Ash, I welcome any attention the mods may give this thread. And no, it's not rejections that make me post in here. A perusal of my post history will show you that if you're interested, and once MDApplicants is back up I'll be making an account with my experience this cycle.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.