Which should I believe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesauce

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My UW average right now (with 27% completed) is 56% and that's what it's been at since I started. I took NBME form 2 a few days ago and scored 520. I still have ~3wks left before CK.

My NBME shelf scores in 3rd year were always above average, but nothing spectacular. I took a year off after 3rd year so it's been awhile since I've looked at this stuff.

By the online score estimator, my NBME form 2 correlates to a 227. However, my UW suggests a 204. This is a big discrepancy and I'm wondering which one I should really believe. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

NBME form 2 is a good tool to have an idea .
You have 3 weeks left ,just keep practicing the UW .

My UW average right now (with 27% completed) is 56% and that's what it's been at since I started. I took NBME form 2 a few days ago and scored 520. I still have ~3wks left before CK.

My NBME shelf scores in 3rd year were always above average, but nothing spectacular. I took a year off after 3rd year so it's been awhile since I've looked at this stuff.

By the online score estimator, my NBME form 2 correlates to a 227. However, my UW suggests a 204. This is a big discrepancy and I'm wondering which one I should really believe. What do you guys think?

You took a year off, which is an issue. I do another UW SA or another NBME assessment in one week or so to see your progress. If you have a certain goal for a score vs. just passing, then that would affect the way you do things.
Supplementation with Kaplan notes/another source may help jog your memory.

What online score estimator do people generally use with UW for the CK?

Members don't see this ad :)