which NBME to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have a few days left. Took me longer to thoroughly get through UW then initially expected. Looking at the time remaining, I will only be able to fit in one NBME. Planning on using the other days to take CMS blocks, a COMSAE (which my school requires), UWSA, and free 131. Should I take an NBME instead of the CMS? Looks like 4 and 7 are the go-to's but which is better? Not really looking for a gauge on score but want the best prep possible.

I NEED to be sure to spend time going through my UW notes (which are personal trouble topics). I feel this will be a very good use of time, hence the reason I'm not doubling up on practice exams. Want to save my afternoons/evenings for notes.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought NBME 4 was a fair test. FWIW I got the exact same score on 4 as I got on the UWSA taken ~2 weeks later so I think they are fairly equal. NBME 7 seems to be the one that crushes peoples confidence right before the test so maybe avoid that one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI- Took it today and think NBME 4 and UWSA are pretty representative. The stems on the real deal are longer, more like Uworld Qbank stems but with less hardcore distractors. Good luck!
Thanks homie! I appreciate the guidance. Congrats on wrapping this thing up. Hope you're chilling and enjoying life tonight.

Thanks homie! I appreciate the guidance. Congrats on wrapping this thing up. Hope you're chilling and enjoying life tonight.
Nope tying up loose ends for Comlex on Friday. Will be enjoying life on Friday night haha.