Which schools accept MCATs instead of GREs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jeffy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
DrJ2B asked this within a thread but i think it merrits its own. I'm pretty sure you can do this at Yale but that's the only one I know fo sho.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Yale accepts MCAT, GRE, or GMAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
UAlbany School of Public Health accepted my MCAT grades without a second thought. I do not see why a public health school (which are often directly affiliated with medical schools) would not accept the MCAT. Even if a school doesn't officially accept the test, you may be able to call and ask for an exception.

Originally posted by BklynWill
I do not see why a public health school (which are often directly affiliated with medical schools) would not accept the MCAT.

well, i think the MCAT and GRE test different things to some extent. for example, if a person wants to do biostats, math ability isn't as adequately tested on the MCAT as it is on the GRE.

Michigan's Epid program accepted either or, I think. I know the Hospital & Molecular Epid program accepted MCAT back in the day...:D

Columbia accepts LSATs, MCATs, DATs, just about anything...

GWU School of Public Health accepts MCATs as well. They saved me the trouble of having to study for the GRE's.

Originally posted by DOCTORSAIB
GWU School of Public Health accepts MCATs as well. They saved me the trouble of having to study for the GRE's.

do you like GW? i was thinking of applying but then thought it may be a bit expensive.

Sgilani,

I went to GW for undergrad and decided to come back for my for my MPH. So yeah, i like GW and am pretty satisified with the MPH program. Some prof's suck and others are great, just like any other school. Yet, my expectations are different from some of the other "hardcore" public health students.

Ive heard complaints about the tuition as well. However, there are ways around it. If you get a job on-campus, most of your tuition will covered by the tuition benefits....which means GW will pay for almost 90% of tuition! In fact, thats what im doing to keep my debt as low as possible b/f starting med school.

PM me if you still have questions....take care!

DOCTORSAIB