Which school schould I go to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greg13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have currently been accepted to Temple, Barry, Scholls, Ohio, and New York. All of the schools have things to offer, but I have no idea which school to pick. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I have currently been accepted to Temple, Barry, Scholls, Ohio, and New York. All of the schools have things to offer, but I have no idea which school to pick. Any suggestions?

That is an individual decision based on so many variables... these are questions I asked myself before deciding on Scholl: what city do I want to spend 4 years in?? Do I want to do research, how in depth?? Do I want the option of perusing a PhD?? Were was I offered scholarship money, and will that make a difference in the end?? Is the school in question associated with a MD/DO program?? What is the scoop of practice in the state?? What are the professors like, do they care about the students well-being?? How many hours of class time is dedicated to elective clerkships?? Is there a problem-based learning component in the program, do I want that?? Which curriculum fits me best?? And so many more. Consider where you enjoyed the interview the most, which school will offer you the path of least resistance. In the end, all of the schools offer great pros and prepare you properly for residency... it is up to you to take advantage of them.

of those schools listed I would go to Scholl. It is a competitive environment but in the end if you do well you will have your pick of residency programs.

It seems that the residency directors at many top programs like students from Scholl, Iowa and Temple the best. There are always exceptions but do you want to take the chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
of those schools listed I would go to Scholl. It is a competitive environment but in the end if you do well you will have your pick of residency programs.

It seems that the residency directors at many top programs like students from Scholl, Iowa and Temple the best. There are always exceptions but do you want to take the chance?

I would have to agree with Krabmas. From personal experience Scholl may offer excellent resources that may not be avaliable at other schools. Research in the Summer for $$$, taking classes within an interprofessional environment with other students. Taking the Clinical Anatomy with the MD students, and Histo/Physio with Path assistants have their advantanges to getting a well rounded clinical education. Scholl gets many different professionals (doctors) to give you educational lectures from outside sources. Although, the classes at Scholl are large, you will be indefinately challenged with course work. Scholl professors have many years of experience and are very effective at teaching you a lot of material.

I would personally compare board pass rates and residency placements of each program. I am obviously bias to my opinions because I attend Scholl. However, the decision is ultimately up to you and what your looking for in an education.

Good Luck:thumbup:

I had the same dilema as you. I was accepted at scholl and Temple and declined the DMU interview so I don't know how that would have turn out. So I had to choose between Scholl and Temple and it was hard. So I took a piece of paper, put a line down the middle and wrote out all the things I likes about each school on their respective side. Even after that is was still hard since both schools impressed me. In the end I chose Temple. I guess sometimes too it goes down to the gut feeling after all the advantages and disadvantages are put against each other. Good luck in choosing.

Since you are planning on podiatry, hopefully you have done a lot of research and investigating of each school as well as podiatry in general. For me, after you do all your homework, it comes down to your gut feeling. Where did you really FEEL is the best. For me, that is what was key. Doing all I could mentally to find out all I could, and then going with my gut. Hope that helps.

visit the programs first and see which one would prepare you best for residency training - at the end of the day, its going to come down to your effort and your ability to learn and apply what you learn. Best of luck :)