Which rotation more important before Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FML

Seriously
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Only have space to take one of the following before my Step 2 CK: peds or ob/gyn.

So, which one is more necessary/relevant to the CK exam?
Another way to phrase, which one can I NOT teach myself well enough to do well on CK?
Put yet another way, which one of the two will I see more of on the CK exam?

Discuss.

Please and thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I had very very little peds or OB on my exam. Best advice? Take your medicine clerkship again, ha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with mmmcdowe, I'd say Ob/gyn, I had a lot of that on my test(outside IM, was the next highest), and I hadnt done my Ob/gyn rotation/shelf and I completely messed up on Ob/gyn. I could have gained another 15-20 points easily if I got even a few Ob/gyn questions right, I think I failed them all:( Its a hard topic to study straight from the book.

It depends on your rotation, mine ended up being doing a lot of Paps and all, but still there are some stuff that make more sense to me now than when I studied for CK.

I would also vote for Ob-Gyn. Ob is a little different so seeing it might be helpful but neither is really necessary.