COMLEX Which new practice Comsae to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OverlyRomantic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Which practice COMSAE should I take? Our school is giving us 103 and 105 later in the month, and we have to hit a 450 to take COMLEX. Is it true that the new COMSAEs get harder as the number of the exam increases (i.e. 105 is harder than 104 which is harder than 103....)

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

Which practice COMSAE should I take? Our school is giving us 103 and 105 later in the month, and we have to hit a 450 to take COMLEX. Is it true that the new COMSAEs get harder as the number of the exam increases (i.e. 105 is harder than 104 which is harder than 103....)

Thanks for the help!
where did you get this info that difficulty increases with the higher number? I've only taken 104, but from other thread's I've been reading, 103 and 105, the school administered exams, especially for 105 have been the lowest scores that students are reporting back with. From what I've been hearing, 104 is the easiest next to 102. 101 I'm not sure where it falls in, in terms of difficulty. Let me know! thanks.

Took 101....thought it was pretty easy but was shocked when my score report came back terrible. Not sure if the scale is all messed up right now or what. Haven't studied any OMM yet though

Members don't see this ad :)
They are all bad, and the scale is completely screwed up (i.e it's brutal) and likely not even close to indicative of the real thing.

Reactions: 1 users
I got a 518 on COMSAE104. I'll take that improvement. I suppose I wont fail comlex next week.

The test was absolutely terrible and reused several questions (notably all the video questions) from form 103. Why am i paying to get the same questions again, especially since you can't even review the answers?

Poor performance in "systems based practices of osteopathic medicine", whatever that means.
borderline on osteopathic principles/public health for the subjects. I guess i should study the dirtyUSMLE ethics videos and reread first aid public health.

The ambiguity of these question stems is truly remarkable and you can tell they're doing whatever they can to make it as annoying as possible

also there's no way these comsae curves make any sense compared to what we will actually score. If this was real, like 40% of my class will fail comlex based on results of proctored 103.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Update: I ended up taking 101, 103, 104, 105. Lots of repeats throughout the comsaes. It helps to do them to see how they ask questions, but I wouldn't take so many if I could do it again. You can't review your answers.

Reactions: 1 user
It would be awesome if we could get some data together once people start getting their scores back to see how these stupid COMSAEs actually predict COMLEX scores. I know the Reddit community does that for the NBMEs.

It would be awesome if we could get some data together once people start getting their scores back to see how these stupid COMSAEs actually predict COMLEX scores. I know the Reddit community does that for the NBMEs.

This amazing human on reddit has added a place for people to submit COMLEX and COMSAE scores along with NBME and STEP scores:

$60 for an exam that you can't review the answers on and with no data to predict COMLEX performance is probably a waste of money.

Last edited:
If I could do it again I wouldn't have bought one

It really is nothing like the COMLEX

Much easier imo, if you can believe it (milage will vary based on your form)