Which medical schools would you NOT apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Harvard UCSF UW UCLA JH
if I'm donating 100 dollars I know a really good place

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

"Notice: The MD degree issued by Blue Marble University can never be used for physician licensing purposes, to satisfy any education requirements for licensing as a physician or other licensed health care provider, or for any work involving direct patient care. In the USA and most countries, it is illegal to hold oneself out as a licensed physician unless one is in fact licensed."

LOL what??

Reactions: 3 users
"Notice: The MD degree issued by Blue Marble University can never be used for physician licensing purposes, to satisfy any education requirements for licensing as a physician or other licensed health care provider, or for any work involving direct patient care. In the USA and most countries, it is illegal to hold oneself out as a licensed physician unless one is in fact licensed."

LOL what??
At least it's full disclosure

Reactions: 2 users
I never understand why Drexel gets so much bashings on SDN. I interviewed there a few months ago and I think it was a fine school. The school building might look like an elementary school but who cares? Students are only using the building during preclinical years. For third year, they get a chance to rotate through different clinical sites, with one of them being in Sacramento, California. Research is not top-notch, but there are plenty of research opportunities. So why all the hate?

They get 10k apps, so interview chances are lower. Also, they know higher stat applicants won't likely come so it's low yield to apply to.

I have two friends that did smp programs there and decided not to apply to their Med school.

For Philly, Jeff seems like a better place to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I doubt it. Jesus was Jewish, and most hardcore Christians have a special place in their hearts for Jews. Especially ones that would willingly go to a super Christian school.
I somehow doubt that. I have been unironically blamed for killing Jesus on 3 occasions. Not that Liberty is that bad, but I don't think that they'll be all that interested.

Edit: n=1 though

Reactions: 1 users
I doubt it. Jesus was Jewish, and most hardcore Christians have a special place in their hearts for Jews. Especially ones that would willingly go to a super Christian school.
Except that whole "you killed Jesus" thing that many people believe. That and the fact that Israel needs to flourish to bring about Armegeddon.
Not that all Christians believe that, just too many in my part of the country.

I somehow doubt that. I have been unironically blamed for killings Jesus on 3 occasions. Not that Liberty is that bad, but I don't think that they'll be all that interested.

Edit: n=1 though

I was an Orthodox Jew for many many years before I became a Christian. I never experienced that. I had tons of Christians try to convert, but all of them considered the Jews God's chosen people. It must depend on where you live.

Reactions: 1 user
Except that whole "you killed Jesus" thing that many people believe. That and the fact that Israel needs to flourish to bring about Armegeddon.
Not that all Christians believe that, just too many in my part of the country.

I guess. I was Orthodox Jewish for a long time and never experienced that despite being around a large number of Christians.

Liberty b/c a million reasons, one of which that I'm interested in being an abortion provider
Carib schools because I don't want to ruin my life

Members don't see this ad :)
I was an Orthodox Jew for many many years before I became a Christian. I never experienced that. I had tons of Christians try to convert, but all of them considered the Jews God's chosen people. It must depend on where you live.
That's an interesting and incredibly dramatic change. Do you mind if I ask you why you decided to convert?

I think people here would be surprised how often morals or codes are put aside in favor of a more self-serving option.

Not that going to LUCOM would be self-serving, but I live not too far from the school. I know a few people who go to LUCOM and certainly aren't religious by any means. They, and many of their classmates, chose the school because of either location or that it was the best option outside of the Caribbean for them.

Loma Linda is another story though - they have higher admission standards and the adcom strongly upholds the values of the school.

Could not agree more with all the LOMA linda comments. It seems like a sellout move to be a nun just to go to a bottom tier med school

I agree with all the religious christian schools. Have had far too many encounters with "Christians" attempting to convert me and my family. It takes a special type of hubris to assume that only your religion is right and deserves to be spread across the world. On the other hand, I've met other true Christians that keep their faith between themselves and God without butting in anywhere else, lol.

I would also regard some of the new schools with skepticism purely because their curriculum may not be finalized in the early years. Any other US MD/DO that aligns with community service is great.

Reactions: 4 users
I agree with all the religious christian schools. Have had far too many encounters with "Christians" attempting to convert me and my family. It takes a special type of hubris to assume that only your religion is right and deserves to be spread across the world. On the other hand, I've met other true Christians that keep their faith between themselves and God without butting in anywhere else, lol.

I would also regard some of the new schools with skepticism purely because their curriculum may not be finalized in the early years. Any other US MD/DO that aligns with community service is great.

Well, the Bible does tell us to evangelize. But there's a difference between talking about Jesus with someone who is interested and harassing people who clearly aren't. Christians definitely aren't the only ones that do this, but I don't think there are any Muslim schools in the US lol.

If you're not Christian or able to tolerate that environment, definitely don't go to LUCOM or Loma Linda.

CNU seems like a good place to avoid at all costs.

Well, the Bible does tell us to evangelize. But there's a difference between talking about Jesus with someone who is interested and harassing people who clearly aren't. Christians definitely aren't the only ones that do this, but I don't think there are any Muslim schools in the US lol.

If you're not Christian or able to tolerate that environment, definitely don't go to LUCOM or Loma Linda.

CNU seems like a good place to avoid at all costs.

It's one thing to talk to others about the good morals and beliefs that you practice in your daily life, but I would be far more impressed with someone who dedicates himself to charity and good works to the needy without subtly pushing a religious agenda. Too many people in history have masqueraded as religious folk, when in fact attempting to culturally subjugate other "inferior" religious groups. I'm not certain, but maybe Matthew 7:22 is relevant here? lol.

I'm sorry, I'll stop talking about such a sensitive issue. It's just that I feel strongly about certain religions that have spread by either violence or manipulation of the poor and uneducated (this may seem irrelevant in the U.S., but I believe it still occurs). This has gone far off-topic, so I'll shut up :D.

It's one thing to talk to others about the good morals and beliefs that you practice in your daily life, but I would be far more impressed with someone who dedicates himself to charity and good works to the needy without subtly pushing a religious agenda. Too many people in history have masqueraded as religious folk, when in fact attempting to culturally subjugate other "inferior" religious groups. I'm not certain, but maybe Matthew 7:22 is relevant here? lol.

Jesus talking about true disciples doing God's will? Evangelizing is part of God's will. I think Matt. 7:1-6 is more apropos of your point.

I'm sorry, I'll stop talking about such a sensitive issue. It's just that I feel strongly about certain religions that have spread by either violence or manipulation of the poor and uneducated (this may seem irrelevant in the U.S., but I believe it still occurs). This has gone far off-topic, so I'll shut up :D.

I guess. I mean lots of people did ****ty things in the past. I don't condemn those people today who had nothing to do with that. There are dinguses everywhere.

It's Saturday...
It's optional (though expected).

Lol, well that's double jeapordy for me as a soon to be converted Jew. I hope to at least to attempt to observe the Sabbath (obviously, in my own form of reverence in the spirit of it as I'm posting on Friday night...) in some sort of conscientious way, and attending a Christian Bible study definitely blows that out of the water.

Edit: Plus I like to go to Torah study and struggle with God on Saturday mornings. Scheduling conflict.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Definitely avoid Princeton. I went for an interview and students and faculty looked at me strangely when I showed up in my suit and started asking around for the med school. RUDE SNOBS

Reactions: 9 users
LUCOM was the only med school that rejected me post interview. I didn't mention God or religion (neither did my interviewer). I do not suck at interviews.

Definitely avoid Princeton. I went for an interview and students and faculty looked at me strangely when I showed up in my suit and started asking around for the med school. RUDE SNOBS

Terrible medical school ;), but outstanding undergrad. I loved my own undergrad, but if I was forced to live my life again and go to an Ivy of my choosing it would probably be Princeton. That's saying a lot given it's in New Jersey... Brown would be a close second, but I digress.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile