which interviews to go on

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I decided to keep my interviews at U Wisconsin, UAB, the texas programs (A&M, san antonio, UTH), Tulane (hear great things about the PD and if anything it will be a nice opportunity to check out new orleans) and U Maryland. I didnt officially cancel Iowa yet, but I think due to my decreasing funds that is going to be the one to go. I also have one at Wake Forest that I also may cancel. Seem like a good plan?

You can't go to them all, and it sucks when you are in the position to have to cut good programs too, but I see nothing glaring about what you're doing. You're interviewing at some nice places regardless.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude I am tired and havent slept for 3 days (I meant Pulm/Critic, and had this train of thought leading to ICU (the C in Critic).

give me a tiny break :)

To add more irrelevant flames to our posts, Vandy makes me think of (something the lord made)

Members don't see this ad :)
We now have to knife fight *sigh*

(I think, perhaps, our respective sub-specialty bias is showing through with these two :laugh:)

I will cut you b***ch.

But it's probably as much our political philosophies as sub-specialty biases that are at play here. I wouldn't go to AZ for many of the same reasons I wouldn't go to AB.

But...I only put it one notch lower than you did...it's not like I put it beneath CCF or anything.

Thanks! Some tough decisions but you guys are all helpful.

But...I only put it one notch lower than you did...it's not like I put it beneath CCF or anything.

That's true. That might have been real trouble.

And ABQ is probably a better town than Tucson, which can only say, "Hey, we're only an hour and a half from Phoenix!" :laugh:

That's true. That might have been real trouble.

And ABQ is probably a better town than Tucson, which can only say, "Hey, we're only an hour and a half from Phoenix!" :laugh:

Actually, I'd much rather live in Tucson than PHX. But AlbaTurkey clearly crushes them both.

Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha, i am doing some graphs on prism, and barely could open my eyes ... but you made me laugh so hard that I dont need coffee anymore :))

Booo for tulane, they are only accepting applications from LCME accredited schools this year!! They have always accepted IMGs applications. why the No-Love (all of a sudden)

There's not a single IMG on the IM house staff...the bias has been there for a while.

True, but at least they interviewed. I would very much like an opportunity to prove myself and my abilities, and demonstrate my enthusiasm. Man is a creature that nourishes on hope ... not only bread

Hey all,

Need help cutting some interviews:

UCLA-olive view
UCLA-harbor
Cedars Sinai
Scripps Mercy

I'd prefer to only attend 1-2 of the above. Looking to do hospitalist vs GI. Thanks!

Are people calling or emailing to cancelI've emailed so far but they haven't confirmed the cancellation so not sure if I should call? It's just a little awkward to cancel over the phone

Hey all,

Need help cutting some interviews:

UCLA-olive view
UCLA-harbor
Cedars Sinai
Scripps Mercy

I'd prefer to only attend 1-2 of the above. Looking to do hospitalist vs GI. Thanks!

Definitely Cedars, then either Harbor or Scripps depending on whether you'd prefer to be in LA or SD.

To Arielred,

I am not sure as I didnt cancel any interviews yet. I agree it might be awkward to do so over the phone, but its the best way to make sure that a spot is vacant for a new applicant!! PCs are overwhelmed with emails, so calling would be the best thing to do.

To Arielred,

I am not sure as I didnt cancel any interviews yet. I agree it might be awkward to do so over the phone, but its the best way to make sure that a spot is vacant for a new applicant!! PCs are overwhelmed with emails, so calling would be the best thing to do.

Call.

Be a "big person" about it.

stop now, while you still can

I am not longer in control of my posting . . . :(

I thought I was bad at 4K...

How does JHU/Bayview compare to these Cali programs: USC, UC-Irvine, and Scripps. Having a degree from JHU would be badass:cool:

How does JHU/Bayview compare to these Cali programs: USC, UC-Irvine, and Scripps. Having a degree from JHU would be badass:cool:

It pretty much crushes them all. Of course, it's located in B'more so that kind of drags it down a bit. But it's not Irvine.

I don't have huge opinions about Bayview, but since you asked . . . I'm definitely not as "rah-rah" about them as some of the others on here. I don't think they are the second best program in Baltimore. I don't think they are the tits simply because they have an affiliation with Hopkins.

I like USC and Irvine much more than Bayview. And I always get the "Scripps" programs all switched around - if you're talking about the bigger one with the fellowships, then I like them the same.

I don't have huge opinions about Bayview, but since you asked . . . I'm definitely not as "rah-rah" about them as some of the others on here. I don't think they are the second best program in Baltimore. I don't think they are the tits simply because they have an affiliation with Hopkins.

I like USC and Irvine much more than Bayview. And I always get the "Scripps" programs all switched around - if you're talking about the bigger one with the fellowships, then I like them the same.

Agreed

Does bayview have it's own fellowships (gi) or just the main jh fellowships?

Hey guys, for those of you who have already visited these programs or who have rotated through there I was wondering what your thoughts are on these programs. Thanks.

From what I have been hearing CCF is a huge red flag.

Hey guys, for those of you who have already visited these programs or who have rotated through there I was wondering what your thoughts are on these programs. Thanks.

One of my best friends is a resident at Rush and he raves about his experience. While it does not get much love on this site, I think its a decent program.

A lot of people from school who rotated or interviewed at CCF were underwhelmed by the teaching and resident experience but were pleased with the fellowship placement and facilities.

I'll be checking our Rush most likely and CCF with Case hopefully.

DrVanNostran,

You are going to case? I have heard that its a great place!!! Good luck with your interview there.

One of my best friends is a resident at Rush and he raves about his experience. While it does not get much love on this site, I think its a decent program.

A lot of people from school who rotated or interviewed at CCF were underwhelmed by the teaching and resident experience but were pleased with the fellowship placement and facilities.

I'll be checking our Rush most likely and CCF with Case hopefully.

Rush is actually a great program. It sits in one of those positions where it's not a top 30 IM program, but it also doesn't have anything really wrong with it, so we don't have much to say about it. Arguably the 3rd best program in Chicago from an academic standpoint.

DrVanNostran,

You are going to case? I have heard that its a great place!!! Good luck with your interview there.

Yeah, I am excited about. Cleveland isn't that great, but hey, the cost of living makes up for it :)

Rush is actually a great program. It sits in one of those positions where it's not a top 30 IM program, but it also doesn't have anything really wrong with it, so we don't have much to say about it. Arguably the 3rd best program in Chicago from an academic standpoint.

This is a bit premature. But I am having a huge internal debate on how the Chicago programs will stack up against some of the bigger names outside. I love Chicago and family is here, but I would love to go to a place like Mayo, Wisconsin, etc. I am hoping that Rush, UC-Northshore, and UIC blow me away.

I am hoping that Rush, UC-Northshore, and UIC blow me away.

Rush has that potential

Northshore and UIC . . . probably not

Dude, honestly, it good for your soul to go away from home for awhile. Be the "guy from Chicago" in your residency class.

Though, I don't remember your social situation. If you're married with a child, family will help a lot if you have them around because you'll be pretty unreliable time-wise for the next few years.

Any thoughts on Drexel? I live only about an hour or so away so I was just going to go to my interview, but I have other programs that I feel are much better so now I am thinking of canceling.

Any thoughts on Drexel? I live only about an hour or so away so I was just going to go to my interview, but I have other programs that I feel are much better so now I am thinking of canceling.

If you can drive there and it's not interfering with any other interview dates, then check them out.

Any information about U Arkansas? Thanks in advance

I will search for that thread. much appreciated.