Which are the better Clinical Neurology Residencies ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepyTime

Midwestern Univ, Phoenix.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not that interested in doing tons of research. I really enjoy the clinical side of neurology, however.

Which are considered the top clinical-focus neurology residencies ?

Thanks for your help. This is all new to me.

Members don't see this ad.

i suggest you read what people wrote about programs this yr, also, if you go back far enough there are tons of good posts last yr and so on....ive heard of very few places that would require you to do "tons of research", certainly some places have more of an emphasis on turning out physician-scientists than others. plenty of places have lots of great research going on but dont necessarily emphasize/require involvement of residents.. of places i interviewed i would say Rush, Sinai, and Brown might be what youre looking for.. Tufts claims to be attemptimg to train "master clinicians" as well, i didnt like their program very much..this is not to say you wouldnt get great clinical training at MGH, Columbia and so on..

Thanks SCM. I read your interview posting from earlier. Very informative. I'm grateful for the SDN. Really helps us pull together.