Where to buy cheap textbooks in Bombay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjkpark

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I posted here before asking about where to buy medical textbooks in India. My travel plans have changed and now I'll be flying in and out of Bombay. Where should you go for medical textbooks in Bombay?

And are electronic goods cheap (more specifically Palm pilot) in Bombay? I guess anywhere would be cheaper than here in New Zealand.

Ta

Members don't see this ad.

The CHEAPEST place to buy books in Mumbai is on the roadside bookstands outside Churchgate station/Fountain area. You can get any book here if you go to enough vendors, I picked up almost every BRS and Lippincot Series book there. The only catch is that you have to bargain for the prices which is a real pain in the arse, so the best thing to do :
1. Go to a Med school book store there is one in Dadar that caters to the KEM students
2. Make a list of prices for any book that you may be interested in (new and used)
3. Put on your walking shoes and head towards Churchgate and spend a whole day bargaining with each and every vendor until you have beaten every price on the list.

That is exactly what I did and it worked out great for me.

Palm technology is still very expensive in India. Dubai or HongKong is the best place for these things (even the airports)