Where not to rotate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthodoctfemur

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to start a new thread for those of us sifting through the DO ortho programs. I'm new with this site so bear with me. I've heard nothing but good things about all programs but this doesn't help me narrow down the options. Do any of you out there have poor experiences/rotations at certain programs? I have a long list of potential programs and only three months to rotate my 4th year. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to start a new thread for those of us sifting through the DO ortho programs. I'm new with this site so bear with me. I've heard nothing but good things about all programs but this doesn't help me narrow down the options. Do any of you out there have poor experiences/rotations at certain programs? I have a long list of potential programs and only three months to rotate my 4th year. thanks.

As mentioned before in another thread, bad mouthing programs is going to get you nowhere. Just my two cents here, but I think you might be hard pressed to find people who are going to come out and say bad things about any program in a public forum. The ortho community is small, word spreads fast, and burning a bridge may be devastating towards your chances of mathing and/or career. Think about it, most people who are going to come on here and trash a program are probably other students who rotated or didn't match (bad move), or residents (also a bad move). People probably aren't going to risk it, but hey, I could be wrong.

You might get more responses and honest answers if you post something asking where people are going, what people like about specific programs, what conditions are like at certain programs, what are the top programs, etc.

Just my thoughts...

As mentioned before in another thread, bad mouthing programs is going to get you nowhere. Just my two cents here, but I think you might be hard pressed to find people who are going to come out and say bad things about any program in a public forum. The ortho community is small, word spreads fast, and burning a bridge may be devastating towards your chances of mathing and/or career. Think about it, most people who are going to come on here and trash a program are probably other students who rotated or didn't match (bad move), or residents (also a bad move). People probably aren't going to risk it, but hey, I could be wrong.

You might get more responses and honest answers if you post something asking where people are going, what people like about specific programs, what conditions are like at certain programs, what are the top programs, etc.

Just my thoughts...

Whats wrong with posting things you didn't like about programs? There is a difference between "bad mouthing" and giving honest answers about what you didn't like.

Just my thoughts...

Agreed...I think a thread with pros and cons of each DO program that people rotated at would be a good idea. Since the match is over more people would be likely to post. There is nothing wrong with listing downsides of each program, as many will admit their own weakness when asked, but people are not going to offer up info like "this program is horrible, don't rotate here"...despite the fact that there are defiantly programs that fit into that category.