Where do you find job offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Not NPO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What’s your go to website to browse job offers or you should just email all the chairmen and groups you wanna work with?

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with @chocomorsel that connections are the best way. After that, if you have a particular group/region in mind, cold-calling them and at least talking to a department/group admin assistant is better than email (emails can easily be ignored/forgotten).

Gaswork is probably next but you have to learn the red flag lingo and really evaluate the postings.

Recruiters are the most annoying but might be able to hook you up with something decent.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in dallas but If you are interested in any USAP locales I can put you in touch with the right people -

Reactions: 1 users
I dont understand why anybody would have trouble in this anesthesia job market… people are hiring quite literally everywhere… recruiters call and email me all the time. No idea how they got my contact info. Gaswork, google, device reps, cold calling hospitals and clinics, etc etc. all viable resources.

I dont understand why anybody would have trouble in this anesthesia job market… people are hiring quite literally everywhere… recruiters call and email me all the time. No idea how they got my contact info. Gaswork, google, device reps, cold calling hospitals and clinics, etc etc. all viable resources.
Jobs are everywhere, but most of them are ****ty ones.

Reactions: 3 users
Jobs are everywhere, but most of them are ****ty ones.
Thats true… but really to get to the best you have to take a big sample. I spoke to like 12 different places from various connections before picking one…

Thats true… but really to get to the best you have to take a big sample. I spoke to like 12 different places from various connections before picking one…
Create a standard email and text reply:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prior to moving forward, I need the following information:
1) I have medical license xyz and am willing to relocate
2) What is the W2 / 1099 average salary
3) What are the benefits
4) What is the call frequency
5) Partnership track
6) CME/Overtime/Vacation/Sick leave etc
7) Whatever else is important to you
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Every recruiter that calls, emails, or texts you send that message reply to. Do not agree to any phone calls or further correspondence until those questions are answered. Just standard "i require all questions to be answered prior to any additional communication." Eventually the recruiters will relent and/or just block them and move onto the ones that provide legitimate information.

Reactions: 1 user
If it was just a matter of finding a job and earning a paycheck, sure, no one would have any trouble or any stress over the issue.

The last couple years there have been a lot of places to work, and a lot of money being offered. I'd guess I've worked at a dozen hospitals doing locums over the last 10 years, and in the end when I left the Navy and went looking for a permanent position, I didn't want to go to any of them.

I got several good leads from friends and former colleagues. I did not choose the highest paying job. Or the second highest. But I did choose the best job.

First step is knowing what you want. If it's just a big paycheck, yeah, there's no trouble finding that.

Reactions: 4 users
people are hiring quite literally everywhere… recruiters call and email me all the time. No idea how they got my contact info. Gaswork, google, device reps, cold calling hospitals and clinics, etc
ASA sold it to them?

Likely ama, easy to opt out for ASA as I remember. AMA Physician Data Restriction Program
If you email them they will remove you. (Big money for ama)

I tried to access the link at the bottom of the article. Got a invalid webpage message. Then read the date of the article……. I want to opt out still!

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to access the link at the bottom of the article. Got a invalid webpage message. Then read the date of the article……. I want to opt out still!
Use the first link in his post.

If it was just a matter of finding a job and earning a paycheck, sure, no one would have any trouble or any stress over the issue.

The last couple years there have been a lot of places to work, and a lot of money being offered. I'd guess I've worked at a dozen hospitals doing locums over the last 10 years, and in the end when I left the Navy and went looking for a permanent position, I didn't want to go to any of them.

I got several good leads from friends and former colleagues. I did not choose the highest paying job. Or the second highest. But I did choose the best job.

First step is knowing what you want. If it's just a big paycheck, yeah, there's no trouble finding that.

I did the same. Who said anything about the biggest pay check? I didn’t take the biggest paycheck either. Just the best fit.

I actually found my current job through LinkedIn.
It all started when I received a direct message from an employer based in Greenland. I made the decision to relocate from the USA, and now I'm happily employed here.

An anesthesiologist in Greenland typically earns around 91,400 DKK/$13,000. Salaries range from 44,800 DKK/$6,500 (lowest) to 143,000 DKK/$21,000 (highest), based on experience and many other factors.

If anyone else would be interested in moving here, keep an eye on hireme.gl, the platform for finding work in Greenland, which is still in development, but will offer a lot of job opportunities once finished.
I take it that is weekly Pay? How busy are you and what is life like in Greenland?!

I actually found my current job through LinkedIn.
It all started when I received a direct message from an employer based in Greenland. I made the decision to relocate from the USA, and now I'm happily employed here.

An anesthesiologist in Greenland typically earns around 91,400 DKK/$13,000. Salaries range from 44,800 DKK/$6,500 (lowest) to 143,000 DKK/$21,000 (highest), based on experience and many other factors.

If anyone else would be interested in moving here, keep an eye on hireme.gl, the platform for finding work in Greenland, which is still in development, but will offer a lot of job opportunities once finished.
I have so many questions…

What’s it like living in Greenland!? Do you need to speak anything beyond English?