Where did you go to school or are planning to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patrickd223

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in where you went and your experiences. I still have two years of undergrad but I have my eyes set on Emory. Also, do you guys think that where you graduate from will effect your success as a therapist or clinical director? Specifically do you think doctors/surgeons will refer patients only to PTs that graduated from certain high ranked schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in where you went and your experiences. I still have two years of undergrad but I have my eyes set on Emory. Also, do you guys think that where you graduate from will effect your success as a therapist or clinical director? Specifically do you think doctors/surgeons will refer patients only to PTs that graduated from certain high ranked schools?

as far as docs referring all depends on supply and demand and where your practice is located and the availabilty of other PTs in the area.

It's always good to go to a better school.

Im actually working towards medical school Allo- or Osteo for PMR-Sports Med. Im gonna put in for USC's DPT and Long Beach's MPT.

USC supposedly number #1 in PT school and there are agreements for tuition discounts with my home state.

Long beach is a cheaper option and only two years of my time, which would still give me an oppurtunity to go into medical school and not owe 100k in PT loans with rock solid MSK training.