Affordable ultrasound machine for private office?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarabinerSD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Building out new office and I am looking for an affordable ultrasound machine to do simple injections for: joints, carpal tunnel, and piriformis muscle. The majority (99%) of my procedures are fluoroscopic based, but I prefer ultrasound for the infrequent carpal tunnel, piriformis inj, joint drainage. Overall just need something simple & affordable to do ultrasound (shallow & deep structure). Not looking to spend $$$ on a shiny new U/S machine so something refurb or used is fine.

What models do you guys recommend or features should I look for? Also where to buy refurb/used U/S machines?
I am familiar with the Sonosite & GE products, looked briefly into handhelds but they need subscription service (which is unappealing for my usage).

Members don't see this ad.

I tried an Esaote MyLab Sigma during a conference and was really impressed for the price/size. The price (in USD, converted from the canadian price) was about 20k.

Ultrasound experience: Senior PM&R resident in a very US-heavy (diagnostic and interventional) program. A few hundred ultrasound-guided injections so far. I've worked with 100k+ machines (Canon Aplio i700 was the top one) and I'd say the Esaote is 90% as good except for complex diagnostic scans.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Building out new office and I am looking for an affordable ultrasound machine to do simple injections for: joints, carpal tunnel, and piriformis muscle. The majority (99%) of my procedures are fluoroscopic based, but I prefer ultrasound for the infrequent carpal tunnel, piriformis inj, joint drainage. Overall just need something simple & affordable to do ultrasound (shallow & deep structure). Not looking to spend $$$ on a shiny new U/S machine so something refurb or used is fine.

What models do you guys recommend or features should I look for? Also where to buy refurb/used U/S machines?
I am familiar with the Sonosite & GE products, looked briefly into handhelds but they need subscription service (which is unappealing for my usage).
my partner bought a alpinion handheld two weeks before I joined him and brought a nice machine in

since then he never touched it. he's mostly fluoro based anyways. think he paid 10k for it. was trying to sell for 6k + shipping it hooks up via usb to any PC platform I believe. about 6 months old now, still has remaining of 5 year warranty if you're interested.

my partner bought a alpinion handheld two weeks before I joined him and brought a nice machine in

since then he never touched it. he's mostly fluoro based anyways. think he paid 10k for it. was trying to sell for 6k + shipping it hooks up via usb to any PC platform I believe. about 6 months old now, still has remaining of 5 year warranty if you're interested.

Does it have both linear + curvilinear probe?

Status
Not open for further replies.