When to transition from UWorld+Third Party FLs to AAMC Qbank+FLs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAK2-STAT3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I've really appreciated the MCAT advice I've gotten here in the past, and have a question I'd appreciate everyone's wisdom on. I am taking the MCAT in January and am about 30% through UWorld. I was planning on switching to the AAMC Qbank and FLs with 2 months to go, but am wondering if I should make the switch earlier. I work full time and am afraid that if I wait, I won't get through the entire Q bank. FWIW my UWorld percentages range from 55% (Physics) to 76% (Behavioral Sciences), and I've ranged between 506-509 on Blueprint FL1-4.

Thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I've really appreciated the MCAT advice I've gotten here in the past, and have a question I'd appreciate everyone's wisdom on. I am taking the MCAT in January and am about 30% through UWorld. I was planning on switching to the AAMC Qbank and FLs with 2 months to go, but am wondering if I should make the switch earlier. I work full time and am afraid that if I wait, I won't get through the entire Q bank. FWIW my UWorld percentages range from 55% (Physics) to 76% (Behavioral Sciences), and I've ranged between 506-509 on Blueprint FL1-4.

Thoughts on this? Thanks in advance
It really depends on your work schedule. You need to figure out how much time you can commit to studying each week. I would recommend you set aside at least ~100 hours for the AAMC material because it is really high yield. You will want to review it in much more detail than you have with your previous studies. If you can commit ~12 hours a week to study, two months should be plenty. If you have to commit less, adjust accordingly. I would definitely not rush going through UWorld or AAMC material. Don't skip anything in those sections. They alone probably account for 80% of why I am happy with the score I received. If you must, you can always push your test back to make sure you have enough time to get through everything.

I suggest making a schedule for yourself based on how much time you anticipate having. Write out what numbers from the QBanks you'll be doing each day, and what days you'll spend on FLs.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors