When to take the OAT

anonOD22

Reaction score
So I am reapplying this cycle. I wanted to retake the OAT. I took it the first time on May 29th after being canceled multiple times. I plan on getting recommendations and finishing my application by the beginning of August. Would it be a bad idea to take it at the beginning of October or the end of September? Or should i try taking it a little earlier to speed up the process to submit my application?

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit your application without having scores. It can take several weeks for optomcas to verify your application. Most schools won't offer you an interview without seeing your OAT scores first. But that way you aren't just waiting weeks for your application to be verified. Once you do take the OAT you can send the score report directly to the school via email. So, if I were you I would send in my application first and then scores once you have them taken. Take the test when you feel ready. But, remember most schools have rolling admission so it is better to apply early rather than later.