When to start studying (graduating 2014)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Travex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am a P4 student going to graduate May 2014. Currently on rotations but I have a block off starting in August. Should I start doing some light review/studying or is it way premature right now? Should I not even bother until after graduation?

I was going to buy RxPrep just to have a look but they only have the 2013 version available right now... Guess I should wait until at least January when the 2014 version comes out?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea way too early to start studying. Most people don't need more than a month of studying. I started after graduating and I took the test a month later. Also it's a good idea to wait for the 2014 edition of the rxprep as it will have the latest updates.

I would wait for the 2014 edition, it comes out in January and will have any new guidelines. If your going to study anything early, it would be stuff like brand/generics and dosage forms.

Members don't see this ad :)
dont study until you graduate - 1 month. plus you cant get your authorization to test until your school sends them the ok after you actually graduate which takes at least a month to get your ATT. least that's how it was in my state.

You can pay $50 to take the pre-naplex and see how you do. If you score above 75 I would just relax...if you score really low then maybe you need some extra studying.

Thanks for all the advice. My sister (graduated a few years ago) told me she studied for 3-4 months so I was somewhat worried. I guess she totally overdid it then. I will probably brush up on HTN/DM during my block off in preparation for my amcare rotation though.