When to re-apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorSparkles

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't changed much about my application in the last year and I am trying to decide if should re-apply with a more broad school list or wait a year. My concern is the re-applicant questions that ask what you've added to your application. I have had a busy year personally and don't have much to add to my previous application. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If nothing has changed, why do you anticipate a different outcome?
That is a good point. I just don't really know what else to do. I'm a non-trad and I can't quit my full time job and work in a clinic to get more experience. I have a master's degree in biology and will finish a second master's in mental health this summer. I feel like anything else I do won't make my application different, it will just add hours to the experiences I already have. I have had some success at getting interviews but they keep resulting in waitlist offers. It seems like it may be a timing issue and my thinking is that if I apply to more schools than last cycle, I will have a better shot at the right person reading my app at the right time.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a good point. I just don't really know what else to do. I'm a non-trad and I can't quit my full time job and work in a clinic to get more experience. I have a master's degree in biology and will finish a second master's in mental health this summer. I feel like anything else I do won't make my application different, it will just add hours to the experiences I already have. I have had some success at getting interviews but they keep resulting in waitlist offers. It seems like it may be a timing issue and my thinking is that if I apply to more schools than last cycle, I will have a better shot at the right person reading my app at the right time.
Have you done a wamc template? How many interviews did you have? MD or DO? We need your GPA, MCAT, and extracurricular activities to help you better.

Nvm see your thread

Reactions: 1 user
Well some aspect(s), of your app caused you to fall short. I can't comment further as there is no info. A full autopsy of your app, grades ,ECs, volunteering, interviews, if any, is required. Addressing the deficiencies which caused you to fall short will be necessary for your success.

Reactions: 1 users
Closing, OP has shared details of their app in another thread:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.