When should you open a common application account?

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Second semester of junior year?
End of junior year?
After you take the SAT/ACT?
Summer between junior and senior year?
First semester of senior year?

I was inspired by a post someone made on here earlier.

Members don't see this ad.

I did during the summer between junior and senior year. Pretty sure they have a specific date when it opens iirc, though I may be wrong.

Edit:
I think it opens August 1st usually

Members don't see this ad :)
I did during the summer between junior and senior year. Pretty sure they have a specific date when it opens iirc, though I may be wrong.

:thumbup:
I agree with the summer being the best choice.

Second semester of junior year?
End of junior year?
After you take the SAT/ACT?
Summer between junior and senior year?
First semester of senior year?

I was inspired by a post someone made on here earlier.

I highly recommend, I waited and had to rush a little bit. Save yourself the stress and apply early. Also, make sure all the colleges you are interested in accept the Common Application. Good luck.

I am pretty sure that Common App delete all its accounts by June and restart by August 1st. so i wouldn't make one right now.

I would make one right now and see what the prompts are for the colleges you'd like to apply to. Your account will get deleted by June, but you'll be able to work on your supplements during the summer and then just copy and paste when the Common App reopens in August. I can't recommend this enough! I kind of did this, but I still had a bunch of supplements left during the school year and it was pretty stressful. Good luck, I'm definitely not jealous of all the juniors having to apply to colleges next year!

I would make one right now and see what the prompts are for the colleges you'd like to apply to. Your account will get deleted by June, but you'll be able to work on your supplements during the summer and then just copy and paste when the Common App reopens in August. I can't recommend this enough! I kind of did this, but I still had a bunch of supplements left during the school year and it was pretty stressful. Good luck, I'm definitely not jealous of all the juniors having to apply to colleges next year!

Is it possible for the supplements to change, though?

I don't think so. It never happened to me or anybody else I know. Colleges generally tend to keep their supplements the same year after year. Knock on wood :)

Some supplements might change occasionally, but very rarely and probably not very much.

August 1 during the summer before senior year. Common App erases information after every season, so if you make an account before August 1, it will just be deleted.