When should we submit ERAS for rad onc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, what should ERAS applications be submitted? Should we submit as soon as we can? I heard that a lot of programs don't even look at your application until it is complete, with LOR's and dean's letters in.

What do you guys recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, what should ERAS applications be submitted? Should we submit as soon as we can? I heard that a lot of programs don't even look at your application until it is complete, with LOR's and dean's letters in.

What do you guys recommend?

FWIW, there were definitely programs that started downloading apps within the first day or two of ERAS opening. I wouldn't freak out about it, but if you can finish the app sooner rather than later, certainly couldn't hurt...

FWIW, there were definitely programs that started downloading apps within the first day or two of ERAS opening. I wouldn't freak out about it, but if you can finish the app sooner rather than later, certainly couldn't hurt...

Yes, but these are the programs that continue to download several more times, like once a week or even more. The programs that only do one mass download will wait at least 3-4 weeks. Whether the early downloaders even look at the applications right away or not is probably variable. I wouldn't sweat it if you can't get your app together for a couple weeks. And it's common for the LORs to not all be in at the start too, and the app reviewers realize that it is out of your hands. I think they can still see who the letters will be coming from. And of course no one has their deans letters yet.