when should i take it?

iKnome

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when is the absolute last date that we can take the OAT before having to apply in september? is it okay to take it MID AUGUST and then have the scores in time to send them in september?

Members don't see this ad.

did u guys have realy good gpas?? where did u apply? because i keep hearing the sooner the better...

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooner is better, no doubt about that. Its just that you don't absolutely have to take the OAT really early. I was just saying that its possible to take it late and still get in. And for what its worth, I applied to five schools in the fall, got interviews at all of them, only went to three interviews and was accepted to all three. All three interviews took place well before I ever took the OAT. My undergrad gpa was around 3.6. Good, but not spectacular.

applying early means you should turn most of your materials in...but it doesn't mean you have to take the OAT right away...the admissions update your info and review your file as you turn in more materials...i sent in my application in september and didn't take the OAT until november...

Wow thanks for the advice, really appreciate it!