When is the best time to start volunteering and shadowing

D

deleted421268

Once in college, when is the best time to begin hospital volunteering and Doctor shadowing as a pre med??? Also do you just email a doc at any time, then they give you the heads up for shadowing??? And for hospital volunteering, what is the process of that, what do you have to do before beginning volunteering???

Members don't see this ad.

The best time is any time, and yes, you can just send them an email.

The best time is any time, and yes, you can just send them an email.

But what about the volunteering process???? When do people take care of this stuff during summer or school year???

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people start that stuff in high school, so the answer is any time. I live next to a hospital and their volunteer process begins with going in and asking for a volunteer application or printing one out. Just find a hospital and look around. You can also try being an ER scribe.

Some people start that stuff in high school, so the answer is any time. I live next to a hospital and their volunteer process begins with going in and asking for a volunteer application or printing one out. Just find a hospital and look around. You can also try being an ER scribe.

Don't care about volunteering in high school, just wondering for college. Dont you apply in fall then start volunteering in summer???

Don't care about volunteering in high school, just wondering for college. Dont you apply in fall then start volunteering in summer???

Obviously. I'm making the point that people start earlier than you. They also start later than you. It drives it home that you can start anytime.

I don't know, it depends on the hospital.

Never too late to get into a habit of volunteering and shadowing

as soon as possible

images