When is the best time to relocate to the US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osahon7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
am an International Dentist that graduated few months ago and i want to know if this is the best time to relocate to the US and start my US Dental licensure journey.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I want to know if this is the best time to start pursuing my USA Dental Licensure. Am a newly graduated Dentist. Do i have to wait till I acquire some experience in my home country? Am from West Africa
The sooner you start the better, it is a long road that takes a lot of effort and time. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
It is also a very expensive process. Keep that in mind
Make sure you are eligible for student visa and are able to finance the schooling and living expenses
Passing exams are hard, but nothing compares to getting an acceptance and being unable to attend due to visa or financial reasons
On another hand, people with experience have an easier time in school and after in terms of finding and retaining a good job
People get accepted without any experience after their school all the time, so you don't have to stay and work in your country. It might be better, if you work as an assistant in the US for the experience

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Doc. You have been most helpful.
One more thing, I heard Applicants from Africa stand better chances of getting accepted because applications from those regions are few is it true?
You still need to be very competitive
Programs are trying to keep their groups diverse to call them international, but they would not accept someone for just being from a particular country

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk