When do you know if it's a rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm basically waiting on 4 CA schools (UCI, UCLA, USC, Loma Linda) to give me an interview. I've just been put on hold for an interview at UCI, whatever that means.

Anyways, does anyone think it's safe to say that if I don't have an interview by April at any of the schools then that means a rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

i think you are right that if you haven't heard anything by april, chances are pretty good that they have rejected you without bothering to let you know.

i believe UCLA has a bit of a reputation for doing this. they never *really* rejected a friend of mine who applied there last year. from time to time, she would call them and have convo's like this:

CharmingFriend: "hi, i just wanted to check on the status of my application. i haven't heard anything from you in 6 months"

UCLA: "a letter has been sent."

CharmingFriend: "hmmm... i haven't received it. when did you send it?"

UCLA: "2 months ago."

CharmingFriend: "well, i never got it. what did it say?"

UCLA: "I really can't say"

CharmingFriend: "okay... well... could you send me another copy?"

UCLA: "not really, no. the letter was already sent."

i have not heard from them yet either. i imagine they may have "sent me a letter". i have not bothered calling. we'll see how it goes. good luck.

your being put on hold at UCI made me check my status (again). still in review. hmm

Members don't see this ad :)
when the singing telegram doesn't arrive at your doorstep...it's over.

I don't think any school interview past April...so yea, no interview at that point = rejection

I see. Therefore, I will send my letters of rejection to them on May 1. REJECT THEM BEFORE THEY REJECT ME. THAT'LL TEACH THEM.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Slickness
I see. Therefore, I will send my letters of rejection to them on May 1. REJECT THEM BEFORE THEY REJECT ME. THAT'LL TEACH THEM.:rolleyes:

Kinda like the whole dump your GF/BF before he/she dumps you huh? That's SLICK!

Originally posted by calebho501
Kinda like the whole dump your GF/BF before he/she dumps you huh? That's SLICK!
Yea, I like to treat these schools like my bitches. When they get out of line, I got to let them go. ;)