When do the interview offers stop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all those out there who have gone through this process ... when do the interview offers stop rolling in? And do you generally hear one thing or the other from every program you have applied to?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that you usually hear something by mid november. If you haven't heard anything by then, you probably will not be offered an interview

They may continue all the way till mid-january. My friend had an interview early Feb last year. Go figure.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, mid-January! Thanks guys! I can ease off my inbox a little.

if there are programs you are really interesetd in and you havent heard a thing by maybe the 1st week or so in November, email the PD with a statement like
"I am very interested in your program and I have not been offered or denied an interview. I was wondering if my application was still being considered".
This got me a few extra interviews and also a few "no"s so I could stop wondering.
Unfortuantely some programs dont have the class to give you a definitive no and you may never hear a thing. General interviews offered in jan and feb probably mean you were waitlisted even if they didnt say this and then others drop out and nw interview options open up. I got a very good interview in mid january.

if there are programs you are really interesetd in and you havent heard a thing by maybe the 1st week or so in November, email the PD with a statement like
"I am very interested in your program and I have not been offered or denied an interview. I was wondering if my application was still being considered".
This got me a few extra interviews and also a few "no"s so I could stop wondering.
Unfortuantely some programs dont have the class to give you a definitive no and you may never hear a thing. General interviews offered in jan and feb probably mean you were waitlisted even if they didnt say this and then others drop out and nw interview options open up. I got a very good interview in mid january.

Thanks minstral. I wasn't sure if contacting a program I hadn't heard from was kosher, but it sounds like a good idea. No harm in asking - they say no, well then they say no.

Yeah, the whole bit about never hearing from some programs worries me. I'm the type that hates NOT knowing things! SO frustrating!!