What will be your total student loan debt to obtain your PT degree? Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How much do you/will you owe in total student loans

• less than 50k

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • 50-70k

• 71-90k

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • 91-110k

• 111k-130k

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 131k-150k

• 151k-170k

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • greater than 170k

• Total voters

lee9786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to collect data. Please respond if you have already completed PT school as well. This is including undergrad. thanks for contributing..

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in my third year (all clinical rotations) and have 30k so far and expect less than 40k. However, that's is with the government picking up a huge chunk of the tab since I'm a veteran.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll gladly vote once I find out if I'm going to the private school I've been accepted at (even paid the deposit), or if I get accepted to my top choice (public) that I've been waitlisted on. Only makes a difference by say, 40K+ undergrad loans..:eek:

How could you have a debt over 170K from PT School??? Unless you're counting undergrad?

if you factor in living expenses it's definitely possible...USC is like $50k per year I think, plus cost of living in SoCal. haha.

I'm looking at $100k probably. ugh.

Yeah, I declined Marymount b/c- $79,800 total tuition, plus books, cost of shots, commuting (their cadaver lab isn't on site, at GWU-not that far, but still..), plus the cost of living in northern va is absolutely psychotic. Have to draw the line somewhere, epsecially when you already have undergrad loans like I do.

The cost to get your DPT seems so ridiculous considering the median PT salary. I'm going to a state school where tuition is around 50k for the total program.

Since I have enough saved for about 1.5 years of living expenses, I'm hoping ill have around 65k in loans when I get out.

But even that much makes me nervous :-/

Does anyone plan on getting a part-time job to make a little cash while in school? Or is it too much work with school?

MJHUSKER this was intended to represent the total student loan debt from both undergrad and graduate to get a sample of the final picture. Hopefully the sample gets bigger to make it more accurate.