What we can use on the test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boon

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im pretty new to this and been searching what we can really use on the test. But so far havent really found anything. LIke, we can bring calculators for math? can we have papers to fold in when taking the PAT? Well, what can we bring on the dat?

Members don't see this ad.

You will not be able to bring anything with you in the testing room. They will provide you 4-5 scratch pages and two pencils.

boon said:
Im pretty new to this and been searching what we can really use on the test. But so far havent really found anything. LIke, we can bring calculators for math? can we have papers to fold in when taking the PAT? Well, what can we bring on the dat?

you can bring a laptop with wireless internet hook up, all of your science textbooks, a ti-83 titanium, a cappucino machine, all your baby's mamas, and your "charlton heston is my president" t-shirt.

LOL @oldboy!
I am curious too as to whether the testing center will let us cut the paper into four squares to use for the harder folds for the PAT section.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some testing centers let you take your scratch paper to put against the screen. My didn't. My advice? Practice for the test as if you can't use anything against the screen.

i appreciate for the info

btw, there is no reason to be sarcastic, old boy

Heed the advice of not being able to take ANYTHING in the room with you. In my case, I was not allowed ANY scratch paper. I had to use a dry erase board. Try folding that!

Best of Luck!

just get the phone number of the testing center. call them. ask them how much paper you get, if you can hold it to the screen, etc. they will be happy to tell you.

i dont understand why everyone spends so much time wondering and speculating about this. just ask.