What to study from Kaplan course

Sushingreentea

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished the Kaplan OAT course but I wasn't keeping up with the hw they assigned so I'm doing them now. I have about a month until my exam date, what should I really focus in on? Kaplan gives so much material to go through in great detail too. Should I do the readings, the workshops, the practice problems??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also studying from the Kaplan materials. I find that the Lesson book and Review notes is the most helpful. I didn't read everything in the Review notes, but I focused a lot on what I knew would be on the test. You should definitely study the note cards too if you have them. I took the Opted test today and did surprisingly well. I just hope the real thing is just like it! lol

i just took the OAT today. i took the OAT course back in the winter but i honestly thought it was kinda useless. I did pretty well on my OAT's so what i would recomend is going though the entire book as many times as you can. Really, it's about commitment and i went through the material at least three times in decent depth and one time really quick though before the test. There's definately going to be questions that arn't on the review book but if you have a decent background in the sciences you should do fine. I didn't use any of the lesson book and pretty much lost the flash cards....

What i tried to do near the last week was significantly focus on my weak areas. I saw that my Gen. Chem/Physics areas were really week so i would really focus on those during studying. The workshops also did help since they were really easy to go through.

hopefully that provided some kind of insight.