What to read before July 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pointDextro

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there ob/gynos and residents! What should I read before starting residency in 3 weeks? I'll start in Obstetrics. Any tips to start on the right track?

Members don't see this ad.

I asked the same question from my PD and he laughed and told me to enjoy my time off. I am as neurotic as my friends, so in the free time I've had, I've been going over Beckmann Obstetrics & Gynecology just for the hell of it. One guy I know is hitting Williams, but I am not that ambitious right now :D

Good Luck with the upcoming year. Any other interns out there???

wow.. you all are way more ambitious than i am.
i can barely get myself to even touch the ACLS books they want us to read, much less even buy the ob-gyn texts.

it's really scary to think that it's all going to start for us ini just a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG! I was naive enough to think I would receive answers like : secrets, NMS, B&W. Hahaha, I'm hilarious! :laugh:

What about On Call OB GYN, is that a good book?

Enjoy your summer!
You should practice knot tying, with real suture and with gloves on. Do this while watching TV or sunbathing!
Good luck!

I thought about the knot tying thing...the problem is one hand works well, the other acts like its paralyzed...

I'm sure Blue Prints, NMS, and other alike will do fine as well. As once a very wise resident :D told me, programs think that you don't know ****, expect that you don't know ****, and will teach you everything as if you don't know ****... therefore, enjoy the vacation! Anyway, good luck all!

Global Disrobal said:
I thought about the knot tying thing...the problem is one hand works well, the other acts like its paralyzed...

I'm sure Blue Prints, NMS, and other alike will do fine as well. As once a very wise resident :D told me, programs think that you don't know ****, expect that you don't know ****, and will teach you everything as if you don't know ****... therefore, enjoy the vacation! Anyway, good luck all!

Is that true? :p I am a bit at a disadvantage since I didn't take any ob-gyn electives during 4th year. I'm in family practice and I could use a refresher on ob/gyn.

If you're in FP, then I'm assuming you're going to have the pleasure of :D several months of OB! I asked my friends in FP residency and they all said that they went with Beckmann for their review and that it covered everything.

Hope this helps!

Global Disrobal said:
If you're in FP, then I'm assuming you're going to have the pleasure of :D several months of OB! I asked my friends in FP residency and they all said that they went with Beckmann for their review and that it covered everything.

Hope this helps!

thanks ^_^
As a FP at my program I have 2 rotations in OB during my intern year and I'm starting OB in 2 days!