What to make mad money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
arrg the title should be Want to make mad money, DAMN this editing.

Okay for those who are considering slaving over research projects like ohhh:
Abstracts at CAP '06
First Place: Dr. Martin P. Powers; Cytokine Gene Polymorphisms in Patients With a Myelodysplastic Phenotype
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
gotta love CAP, the meetings are like a convention of Timmy vs. Jimmy fights.

Why dont you choose something useful like how to get secure SSL locked government approved pathology reports sent to clinician blackberries. One goal of my new corporation is to provide clinicians with blackberries and free service from which to receive full color online pathology reports with embedded digital imagery in a wireless mobile format.

If any has seen software that might be able to do this or has computer savvy to know how, please post here.

Members don't see this ad.

arrg the title should be Want to make mad money, DAMN this editing.

Okay for those who are considering slaving over research projects like ohhh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
gotta love CAP, the meetings are like a convention of Timmy vs. Jimmy fights.

Why dont you choose something useful like how to get secure SSL locked government approved pathology reports sent to clinician blackberries. One goal of my new corporation is to provide clinicians with blackberries and free service from which to receive full color online pathology reports with embedded digital imagery in a wireless mobile format.

If any has seen software that might be able to do this or has computer savvy to know how, please post here.

i dont know what blackberries means ...only the fruit....

but you really think the SF market is going to crash?....what are u're predictions on the LA market?....Mission Viejo area in OC?

Thats funny I had the same idea last week when I was messing around with my phone. Ive got one of those palm pilot phones and with the phone came a program called "documents to go". Its a microsoft word/excel/powerpoint compatable program. I havent messed with it too much but in theory you could have your report in MS word, HotSync it to your palm phone (10 seconds) then use the internal e-mail system to send it to the clinicians who have the same phone. I think you can Beam it to them also if they are within a 10 ft radius of you as well. If your repory is small and with out pics it should be rather quick and easy with out any problems. I guess you would have to see how this would fit in with HIPPA crap but if the e-mail system is secure then it really shouldnt be a problem. Let me know what happens if you try it.:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess you would have to see how this would fit in with HIPPA crap but if the e-mail system is secure then it really shouldnt be a problem. Let me know what happens if you try it.:luck:

It doesn't fit at all... The whole beaming Palm/PDA thing is a pretty clear violation of HIPPA. And Email is being locked down at lost places, with serious thrid party encryption..

It doesn't fit at all... The whole beaming Palm/PDA thing is a pretty clear violation of HIPPA. And Email is being locked down at lost places, with serious thrid party encryption..

Figures. Do you know how they are setting up electronic reporting? Do you have to have your own secure server? I know they are setting up such a system here (reports sent directly to physician offices) but Im not sure what security parameters are in place and how this applys to HIPPA.

And yes andy this is getting pretty:sleep: I feel like this is turning into a Geek Squad thread

Figures. Do you know how they are setting up electronic reporting? Do you have to have your own secure server? I know they are setting up such a system here (reports sent directly to physician offices) but Im not sure what security parameters are in place and how this applys to HIPPA.

And yes andy this is getting pretty:sleep: I feel like this is turning into a Geek Squad thread

HTTPS is possibly secure enough if the 128-bit encrypt is used, but most email has to have a pgp style wrapper placed arround it. The wrapped encryption is more sercure, as SSL is generally more of a throwaway, and most HTTPS is more 48bit. But that is just my impression I don't have any experiance with these reporting systems/protocols you mention.

There if anyone had any problems getting to sleep that should have done it.:sleep: :smuggrin: