What to major for PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted259194

I'm transferring to another university and starting off fresh. I was just wondering what would be a good major out there? i heard kinesiology was milk hard, i've always been geared more of the sports field so i guess this would be the right major for me? any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Major in whatever you are really interested in and will more than likely obtain the highest gpa possible. However, I recommend a science major (biology, chemistry, biochem, physics) because not only does it cover the pre-reqs, it prepares you for the book work you will be doing in PT.

By the way, use the search fuction on this forum more. This topic has been brought up over and over again. Look it up.

I started off in biology but wasn't entirely fond of it, so I switched to kinesiology my sophomore year and love it!

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't matter what major you choose to PT school, but they're looking for a high GPA. Therefore pick an easy major. Psychology would be my #1 choice.

Pick something you enjoy. You are going to be investing a lot of money and time into it. If you choose something you enjoy, it will be easier to study (because you'll be less likely to procrastinate) and therefore you'll earn higher grades.