What to do???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspiringdoctor_56

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to raise my gpa to a certain number to get into the major I want. I'm considering droppings a class because it would bring down my gpa a lot meaning I would have to try to struggle next semester to bring my gpa up with even harder classes if I am still below the gpa requirement delaying my entrance to the other major. Dropping would let me get better grades on my other classes including possibly an A in one I failed last semester. keep in mind this is no longer a required class for my major since I'm switching. I could still retake it later for credit but I want to get the best grades this semester to get into my new major.

Members don't see this ad.

Any major is fine. Do what you can do well in.

Reactions: 1 user
Any major is fine. Do what you can do well in.

I know. The major im switching to is what I will do well in but I'm talking about dropping the class. Should I drop it to raise my gpa or will grad/med schools see this as a lazy way out even tho I technically don't need the class although it is a pre req for a course I could potentially take for my major if I wanted to? I mean if I did get a C which I prob will, I would probably barely be below the gpa to get into my new major and it would forever to get into my new major considering I'm taking orgo and upper level classes next semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
That hurt my head to read.

What class is it? A single W won't be too detrimental, but don't make a habit of dropping courses to protect your GPA.