What to do, what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Nick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

A reoccuring topic of discussion at DMU lately has been when is it the right time to start a family while attending medical school? I know alot of people that post have already started a family, but I would like to hear what everyone thinks about this topic and advice for those of us who are considering options.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.Nick said:
Hey everybody,

A reoccuring topic of discussion at DMU lately has been when is it the right time to start a family while attending medical school? I know alot of people that post have already started a family, but I would like to hear what everyone thinks about this topic and advice for those of us who are considering options.

Be careful Dr. Nick that rough trick Jim you've been hanging w/ won't be around if he knocks you up. You'll be a lonely single parent.

Dr.Nick said:
Hey everybody,

If you want a family, dont let anything stop you. There is nothing more rewarding. I have 2 kids. Although it may seem that they make me insane, they actually keep me sane while in school. I cant think of any reason why you would not start a family if you so desired.

IlizaRob said:
If you want a family, dont let anything stop you. There is nothing more rewarding. I have 2 kids. Although it may seem that they make me insane, they actually keep me sane while in school. I cant think of any reason why you would not start a family if you so desired.

Rob,
Dr. Nick's kind can't really have kids. Its like putting a male plug in a male plug if you get my drift.