what time for registration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeyworm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know what time mcat registration will open tomorrow? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

here it is and sorry for the size
scs.jpg

i'm right there with ya browneyes3. haven't been there for quite an hour, but pretty close. just keep hoping it doesn't do what it did last night and stay on that page for over an hour only to send to a page saying "shut down for maintenance" which pretty much forces you to start all over from scratch :mad:.

that is so strange AmArIe. i just reopened the aamc page and refreshed and yet i still can't get the color to change to green. weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
that is so strange AmArIe. i just reopened the aamc page and refreshed and yet i still can't get the color to change to green. weird.

i saw that yesterday so i really cant say whats wrong then but on both pc they come multi color for me :oops:

i've been on this screen for about 15 minutes...

WELCOME TO MCAT REGISTRATION AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
Please wait by keeping this web page open. If you close out of this page you will lose your turn.
You will be taken to the registration login page as soon as we are able to handle your request during this busy time.
Don't have an account yet? Register here.

and the pdf files i'm seeing also say the two january dates are AM administrations...

anyone been able to register yet? sigh...

i'm so afraid to even go to the washroom or go get breakfast cuz i don't wanna lose my place in line. you only have a minute to enter your info when the login page comes up..

Did they remove the registration link? I don't see the registration link any more, I guess they finally found the glitch?

what time did they open registration? it wasn't available at 730 when i left the house but it was open by 830 when i got to work... and i stayed up all night checkin the site on the hour too :( so now i'm tired, cranky, and still not registered!

does anyone know how many seats are available at each testing center?

they changed the message back to

News
Registration for the January 2008 administrations of the MCAT Exam will open on Tuesday, October 30, 2007.

and the link is gone but im still seeing the pole thingy

so do you think we'll still have our place in line when they fix it? or do you think we're going to all have to start over? :mad: so annoyed with this thing!

So, I have been waiting for like 45 mins, and I am just getting this message

"Please wait by keeping this web page open. If you close out of this page you will lose your turn.

You will be taken to the registration login page as soon as we are able to handle your request during this busy time."

Guess they are trying our patience.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm on hold..... just gonna ask them when its going to up/how long the wait is and why ppl were coming up with different usernames....

any other questions i should ask?

EDIT: I just talked to some guy who said no one can register right now... and reg starts at 10:30 EST (NOT GUARANTEED) because of the whole user name issue.....

also if u could ask if we will lose our places in line since th elink ont he main registration page is no longer there. thaaanks!

well at least they're trying to address the user name problem...i'm fed up. i'm gonna watch the hills while i wait...and i'm missing classes for this *sigh*

no problem! thanks for calling though! what did he say?

edit: just read your edit, my bad! i think the lack of sleep is getting to me.

i'm on hold..... just gonna ask them when its going to up/how long the wait is and why ppl were coming up with different usernames....

any other questions i should ask?

EDIT: I just talked to some guy who said no one can register right now... and reg starts at 10:30 EST (NOT GUARANTEED) because of the whole user name issue.....

Seriously that is just ignorant- they expect us to just waste our entire day sitting here hoping the site will be up...they should just postpone to a time where they know for sure it will be working insteading of wasting our time.

I agree with Browneyes3. I'm totally missing my class for this and it's pissing me off. You'd think they'd figure it out by now how to run the system smoothly... :( Oh well, they're human after all...

Is anyone else seeing the posting for a morning and afternoon mcat like Amerie posted? The pdf file I open shows only morning administrations- weird.

I feel your pain- I've literally been up trying to register since like 12AM...I can't believe I'm still not registered!

ive been on the site since 10pm... took a break to sleep from 1-4, checked it at 4am, slept, 5am, slept, 6am-on. this really sucks. and i have to get started at work! i can't sit here for ever just clicking refresh on the registration page and watching my "please wait" screen. anyways, yeah i see only morning administrations too...and ive been checking that periodically for the last two weeks or so. in that time, i have not seen a pm administration for january. i think it will be clarified once we can choose a date in the system though.

that's a rough night! same situation here though. I am still on this page just waiting.........has anyone gotten through?

Any what's your opinion on Friday vs Saturday...I don't really think either or will make too much of a difference because they're at the same time.

i'm pretty much in the same boat. stayed up til 3 until i pretty much passed out (haha) and then woke up at 7 and has been up since then... this is torture! i just want to know if i got a seat or not :(

Just got back on after the link went "missing"... I had to go to the lab where I'm doing research... I have the stupid thing up on the computer and am checking it constantly. It better be up within the next 3 hours before I have to leave again!

-BP

does anyone know how many seats there are on average at each center?

Where I took it I think there were about 14 seats in the test center, and surprisingly only about 8 of them were filled with students taking the MCAT (the others were taking accounting exams and such).

But that was in RI. So who knows :p

-BP

They can't make registering easy now can they? What fun would that be?

Anyone know if it's hard to get a spot? Are we all just wasting our time by sitting here staring at the stupid "please wait" screen when we could easily get a spot in like five hours??

BP when u took it before, did you have similar difficulty registering? and did you register super early? i cannot wait for this to be over!

when the screen refreshes on its own... do you think it is actually updating anything? i wonder if we'll even be able to register today or it will be like the essentials... at the end of they day they'll say registration will open two days later. sigh sigh sigh sigh siiiigh

BP when u took it before, did you have similar difficulty registering? and did you register super early? i cannot wait for this to be over!

I registered about 100 days before my exam? Not when the registration opened thats for sure, and I had no problems. The only thing that FREAKED me out was that for some reason it was looking for testing availability on the day I registered, so it of course said that there was no availability. Thankfully I quickly realized what I was looking at and changed it to the correct date and time and then got a seat.

It wasn't nearly as stressful as this!

-BP

I just merged this thread with another registration thread. Please continue to discuss MCAT registration threads here in order to keep things less cluttered.

:luck: everyone! Hope you get the test dates and locations you want.

BTW, lesson learned from last year may be to step away from the computer and come back to it in a few hours. 8 hours of continuous refreshing doesn't do anyone's stress level any good.

This is CRAZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! I been waiting for about 3 hours now....nothing!!!

This is more stressful than taking the real MCAT...hahaha

so it supposedly opened 5 mins ago. anyone who's been waiting for awhile get through yet?

Is anyone else relieved that others are having problems with it? That means nobody is registering, pretty much... and AAMC just sucks...

is AMCAS as bad as this?

5 mins ago? really? i'm still on the please wait page. really this is crazy. i gotta eat/pee/work man. sheesh. i hope this is taken care of by noon!

I just talked to one of their customer service people and she said that it's not up yet. They had planned on opening it earlier this morning, but had the issues that you guys ran into, so they "working on fixing it and will hopefully have it up soon."

Is anyone else relieved that others are having problems with it? That means nobody is registering, pretty much... and AAMC just sucks...

is AMCAS as bad as this?

AAMC and AMCAS are one and the same, hence just the one website to serve both.

**update: the guy at AAMC who spilled coffee all over his keyboard and started this whole mess just went back for some donuts! Finally, some renewed home in his ability to not screw up as much :smuggrin:

I just talked to one of their customer service people and she said that it's not up yet. They had planned on opening it earlier this morning, but had the issues that you guys ran into, so they "working on fixing it and will hopefully have it up soon."

that's so frustrating! if it's not open they should just close it entirely and not let anyone onto the waiting page until it opens. instead we have to all sit here and continue to wait because we don't know whether it's open and we're actually waiting for a spot or its closed and we're just staring at the stupid page for the fun of it.:thumbdown:

which # did you call and actually get through? i wanna find out if we're still "in line" or if we're wasting our time staring at this page. thanks!

that's so frustrating! if it's not open they should just close it entirely and not let anyone onto the waiting page until it opens. instead we have to all sit here and continue to wait because we don't know whether it's open and we're actually waiting for a spot or its closed and we're just staring at the stupid page for the fun of it.:thumbdown:

lol u read my mind with that last post! this is absolutely insane! do they think we have nothing better to do?!

lol u read my mind with that last post! this is absolutely insane! do they think we have nothing better to do?!

That's exactly what they're thinking. They figure that if someone's dumb enough as to be willing to pay that much $$ for some stupid test, then he/she is just as dumb as to sit by their laptops all day hitting refresh.

No kidding. I brought that up to her, but of course she's just a phone person and not responsible for any of it. She did say that "waiting on that page (the one with the moving bar thing) is irrelevant" and that we should just watch the AAMC homepage for updates. I don't know if I believe her, though, so I have one of both open.

On another note, should we start taking bets for how long it will take people to crash the system this time since everyone will be registering at the same time, once again?