What should i take for my Last quarter ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bobsaget121

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,
I am in my final year and next quarter will be my final quarter of undergraduate education. My major is currently Molecular and Cell biology and I only have two more classes to take to complete the major. I was wondering which one out of the list would be useful for MCAT/Medical School ( Whether it be MD or DO)
What I have taken so far for my upper Division Bio classes:
-Animal Physiology w/lab
-Molecular and Cell Bio (Upper DIV)
-Hematology w/ Lab
-Immunology
-Genetics 1 and 2
-Biochemistry 1 and 2
-Biophysics
The option left for my last upper division elective:
-Cell Culture (4 units)
-Microbiology w/ lab (6 units)
-Biochemistry 3( this portion will talk about Nucleic Acids and there is no lab for it and also for me to get this on my elective chart I need department approval)
What I am thinking of doing:
-Molecular technique Lab (Mandatory/one of the two last classes)
-Cell Culturing
-Human anatomy and Physiology w/Lab (1 or 2, not sure which one I should go with though)
I am not sure if I should take Human Anatomy/Phio 1 or 2. This is the description for 1 and 2:
Human Anatomy and Phio 1:
An integrated approach to essential concepts of human physiology and anatomy. Analysis of skeletal, muscular, sensorimotor, cardiovascular and respiratory systems
Human Anatomy and Phio 2:
An integrated analysis of physiology and anatomy of the integumentary, autonomic and central nervous, endocrine, urinary and reproductive systems and of the blood and special senses. Coverage of histology, metabolism, and thermoregulation.
In my Animal Philology class we have gone over portions of the Topics of Human Anatomy 1 and 2 but idk if I should take it just in case. Also I am thinking of doing cell culturing, since I have experiencing in it,through undergraduate reserach, and want the A but I was wondering if it is better to take Micro over cell culturing?
Give your input and let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like you are pretty soft in anatomy and physiology, I would take a class in at least anatomy. I've had classmates here in med. school who never took an anatomy class before school and they definitely struggled when it came time for cadaver lab.

Reactions: 1 user
Take a class in logic.

Take a class in statistics or biostatistics.