what should i do to cure my kitten(long reading)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalheadkitten

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi. i dont know if i am allowed to ask this but im desparate.
my kitten (4 weeks, litter of 4, female mixed breed) is having what i think are seziures (sp). for some reason when she gets really active she'll roll on her back and start playing that way. shortly after she starts shaking and convulsing mildy and her mouth starts opening and closing like a fish out of water. then she calms and goes completly limp for several seconds. when i pick her up its like holding a half filled beanie baby.
i hav called the vet at my home about this but...well im not rich and there is no way i can afford what they were asking for checkup alone for this. i was talking to my teacher monday (he has a son who is a veterinarian) about what i might be able to do, and he mentiond that UC Davis might take her anyway just because she has these episodes while shes so young.
we were never planing to keep these kittens, so my dad is more than willing to giv her up, but if UC Davis will do this sort of thing i just dont want her to got to some freaky lab or nuthin.
any one have any suggestions? (the only thing my vet suggested was to supplement her on canned cat food, which i did once but then momma ate it all when i wasnt lookin ) im very worried about her. any suggestions are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, SDN is not for medical advice. Please consult a veterinarian. A shelter or rescue group may also be able to help you.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.