General Admissions & OTCAS PLEASE help ASAP! Is it okay if my resume is 2 pages long for applying??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimot_

Reaction score
Hello, I'm applying to OT this term and my resume is two pages long.
I'm concerned that it's two pages long because my friends who are CS major and Business major say resume ALWAYS HAS to be one page.

Is this true? or is it okay for resumes to be 2 pages for OT programs??? is this bad?

please give me honest feedback! Because if so I need to edit it ASAP since I'm applying in a couple of days.

thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I'm applying to OT this term and my resume is two pages long.
I'm concerned that it's two pages long because my friends who are CS major and Business major say resume ALWAYS HAS to be one page.

Is this true? or is it okay for resumes to be 2 pages for OT programs??? is this bad?

please give me honest feedback! Because if so I need to edit it ASAP since I'm applying in a couple of days.

thank you :)
Hi! So I had the same issue. I talked with some people and although it’s a general rule resumes should be one page, it’s okay for this. You’re showcasing the experiences you’ve had and by cutting them down you’re not going to showcase everything you have done. Normally it wouldn’t be, but for this situation I’d say it’s okay. I felt weird about doing it but I thought about it and was like why should I take some things out that have been crucial in my career and then they don’t think I’ve done a lot of things. So I would say do it. I know I did and it’s been okay so far!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! So I had the same issue. I talked with some people and although it’s a general rule resumes should be one page, it’s okay for this. You’re showcasing the experiences you’ve had and by cutting them down you’re not going to showcase everything you have done. Normally it wouldn’t be, but for this situation I’d say it’s okay. I felt weird about doing it but I thought about it and was like why should I take some things out that have been crucial in my career and then they don’t think I’ve done a lot of things. So I would say do it. I know I did and it’s been okay so far!

thank you so much! I appreciate it.