What schools take the average of multiple MCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayjaystudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read that schools usually use your latest MCAT score if you take MCAT multiple times. However, I also read that some schools take the average, but I have never found any school that actually does this. Do you guys know of any?

Members don't see this ad.

I read that schools usually use your latest MCAT score if you take MCAT multiple times. However, I also read that some schools take the average, but I have never found any school that actually does this. Do you guys know of any?
Most of the time, the schools advertise that they either use the most recent of the highest score. Of course, they can see all attempts tho. Most med schools I have talked to and read blogs about state that as long as your score increases, then multiple MCAT attempts should not hurt your chances as long as the rest of your app is good! I know that Sidney Kimmel at Thomas Jefferson averages, and I think you can find an old SDN page talking about how schools view multiple MCATs

Multiple MCAT Score Policy School List