What kind of research is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lafakads

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I'm in the process of finishing up the last part of my summer project and I'm unsure how I would identify this type of research?

Basically I was using Finite Element Analysis software (COMSOL) to create a model of an organ and run simulations on it. Essentially all summer I sat in front of a computer and tested this model

Would this be considered bench research? Clinical? Translational?

Also how do you think this will be viewed by programs? Will they still consider this relevant since we expect it to get published in a journal?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Would this be considered bench research? Clinical? Translational?

Also how do you think this will be viewed by programs? Will they still consider this relevant since we expect it to get published in a journal?

Thank you

Bench/computational. Its not really clinical or translational and bench work usually implies wet work (chemistry). Maybe "dry" bench work.

Programs will see that as a publication, and they don't really care bench vs clinical vs translational. The only thing they would care about is 1. impact factor and 2. if its in a highly competitive field (derm for example).