What is your favorite looking pill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pharmer said:
Tessalon Perles (benzonatate), no question the most asthetically (sp) pleasing, but damn are they hard to keep on the tray and count!

:scared:
THEY ARE THE WORST! I have spilled them on several occasions.. I have even spilled them when I was praying not too! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I really like the generic Darvocet-N 100 pills. They are hot pink! :D

dont have a favorite yet, but I like the prevacid 30's and macrobid

Members don't see this ad :)
crap i donno what milligram or how to spell it exactly right but

erythromycin capsules have many different color pellets inside.

Also Benicar smells so much like buttered popcorn that it is hard to believe it wasnt meant to be that way.

Brock1385 said:
crap i donno what milligram or how to spell it exactly right but

erythromycin capsules have many different color pellets inside.

Also Benicar smells so much like buttered popcorn that it is hard to believe it wasnt meant to be that way.
e-mycin used to have orange and white pellets when i was a kid and had to take it...

one of the main thing that got it down was because it was a "vol pill"

Brock1385 said:

Yeah I know - I wonder what makes it smell that way?

As unprofessional as it sounds, while I was putting away the order one day last week I purposely took extra long in front of the A-C shelf to stop and take a whif of Benicar... That **** is so strong - all I had to do was open the cap and it was as if I was already at the movie theaters.

I would have to go with the lisinopril 20mg at the hospital I work at as they are a cool looking star shape.

I'm surprised noone has mentioned Fosamax There is a little bone shape in them! (at least the brand we buy)

oh and for some reason I like zocor and lorazepam as well.

and marinol. its just too sticky looking.

Here's a good site with a picture of a ton of meds:

http://************/c4bsv

Indomethacin and lansoprazole are the prettiest colours, though I love terazosin lavender too.

Everyone at my pharmacy says that Benicar smells like popcorn but I smell cheesecake. I am just weird I guess. Either way, I dig it!

groo1515 said:
I love the way DOK shines in the light of the fluroscent light of the pharmacy. Share what you think is the best looking pill out there. The swimsuit portion of the contest will be held later.

I always liked Depakote for some reason. Very smooth and easy to count.

pharmer said:
Tessalon Perles (benzonatate), no question the most asthetically (sp) pleasing, but damn are they hard to keep on the tray and count!

I HATE THEM! :mad:

59762-3060-01

ZPAK -- generic. Easiest drop-off to process. I can get this 6 tablet bad boy ready and out the door in 20 seconds easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
racy33 said:
Everyone at my pharmacy says that Benicar smells like popcorn but I smell cheesecake. I am just weird I guess. Either way, I dig it!

IMO, one of the best smelling is spironolactone/HCTZ (Mylan)...

racy33 said:

I always think it smells like vanilla...one of my favs. We had a generic of something (can't remember) that was a capsule with red, white, and blue granules inside...very American!

KARM12 said:
I always think it smells like vanilla...one of my favs. We had a generic of something (can't remember) that was a capsule with red, white, and blue granules inside...very American!
I think depakote smells like vanilla

The depakote is sugar coated vinilla flavored. Bust open an spironalactone and siff it, its yummy. But the winner is dilantin infa-tabs. I want to eat one just cause they smell so good.

I like the diltiazem because they're purple and pink and when you shake then they rattle like a mexican jumping bean. My fav trick for new techs is to have them smell 3 or 4 PNV's then give them armour thyroid to smel LOL :D

I have always been intrigued by the pravachol, I will never forget it starts with a "P." To bad it didnt start with an S then it would look like a superman pill.

I agree with the Benicar, we all take a whif before tossing the bottle

also, one of the pre-natal vitamins smells like Belgium Waffles... love that one too

as far as looks go... I'd have to go with gabapentin 300 as my least favorite because they are so freakin bright under the fluorescent lights and it hurts to look at them

as for favorite... I think it's pyrazinamide 300 that looks identical to M&M's in size and shape, or Klor-Con 10, they're yellow and black tabs, pretty sweet looking

Julianne said:
IMO, one of the best smelling is spironolactone/HCTZ (Mylan)...
Peppermint! :thumbup:

Am I the only person who thinks Benicar smells bad? It reminds me of feet. Cleocin pediatric suspension is the worst by far, though. I feel so bad for the kids that have to take that. But back on topic, my favorite looking pill is the hot pink erythromycin, under the fluorescent lighting they look like they glow.

terazosin as well

sarahjth said:
:scared:
THEY ARE THE WORST! I have spilled them on several occasions.. I have even spilled them when I was praying not too! :scared:

Jennay41 said:
Am I the only person who thinks Benicar smells bad? It reminds me of feet. Cleocin pediatric suspension is the worst by far, though. I feel so bad for the kids that have to take that. But back on topic, my favorite looking pill is the hot pink erythromycin, under the fluorescent lighting they look like they glow.

thyroid armour smells very good

brand name valium is the best looking drug

I like Prometrium. The little peachy/pink guys are cute!

pharmer said:
Seconded

Fade2Blue said:
I have to go with brand Valium too... I've always wanted to string the Valium tablets together through the little "v" holes (which almost looks like a heart!) and wear it as a necklace. When I get stressed, I'll just take a bite out of my necklace!
Ha Ha Ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dont think anyone has picked it but...Hands down one of the best looking pills is Verelen PM. Pretty purple and pink capsules. How can u argue with that!

The propoxyphene is a bright flourescent pink and looks delicious... I also like those round yellow gel ones but I don't remember the name... tons of fun to count (n0t)

Also the Allegra D 24 looks like mint mementos.

And last, the xanax footballs and bars. Not because they're all that cool, but just remembering how many old friends would have loved access to them and I never used to know what the heck they were talking about!

I forgot what's the name of the medication, but the pill has a heart shape which remind of me of valentine day candies. They're so cute!

RxRob said:
The propoxyphene is a bright flourescent pink and looks delicious... I also like those round yellow gel ones but I don't remember the name... tons of fun to count (n0t)

Yeah, you have to love the Tessalon pearles. They are great fun to count if you don't spill them all over the counter and floor trying to get them unstuck from each other in the glass bottle!! They rank second only to counting Concerta. I always manage to spill at least one or two in the process of counting once, counting again, and then counting back the remainder of the bottle!!!

I really like the Depakote 250. They smell like an orange creamsicle...YUM!

Celebrex 200 mg. capsules

Yellow and white stripes

RxRob said:
Yeah, you have to love the Tessalon pearles. They are great fun to count if you don't spill them all over the counter and floor trying to get them unstuck from each other in the glass bottle!! They rank second only to counting Concerta. I always manage to spill at least one or two in the process of counting once, counting again, and then counting back the remainder of the bottle!!!

Pharmacy students are allowed to count C-IIs?

ForgetMeNot said:
Pharmacy students are allowed to count C-IIs?
The techs usually count all C-II's at my store, but the pharmacist is still responsible for entering the prescription into the log book. We do a lot of C-II's and the pharmacist on duty doesn't have enough time to do that on top of everything else.

metoprolol 50 by Teva smells like yogurt. Tessalon and prometrium are fun to try. premarins are like M&Ms, protonix are easy to count, brand klonopin as a fun K shape.

how about suboxone? like a Stop sign.. propecia? same deal...

I was just going to say that, and docusate sodium (red clear capsules). I think I like the clear capsule ones that are hard to count.

metoprolol 50 by Teva smells like yogurt. Tessalon and prometrium are fun to try. premarins are like M&Ms, protonix are easy to count, brand klonopin as a fun K shape.

how about suboxone? like a Stop sign.. propecia? same deal...

I like brand name Valium cause it looks like they have a heart in the middle.

untitledlr4.png

I think depakote smells like vanilla
I have always perceived Depakote as a bubble gum smell.

One of the prenatal vits is marketed as vanilla, but I always call it marshmallow fluff. And the minty spironolactone is nice, too...

I forgot what's the name of the medication, but the pill has a heart shape which remind of me of valentine day candies. They're so cute!
Avandia!! It's my fav! It replaced Cymbalta 20 as my favorite--I love it's two-tone retro greenness.

generic Darvocet (the shocking pink ones; they also come in white)
MacroBid

I can tell you the one that i cant stand is prometrium cause they never stop rolling around. what ***** had to make a round pill? he's never worked in a pharmacy! either that or its some kind of a sick joke.

Lithium 400 capsules (Baby Pink)

Pink Lotrel (I think...5/20's, but I could be wrong)

DiltiaXT 240 nice deep grey, and relatively heavy too; I like the weighted feel I get when I count them.

I never cared for tablets too much for some reason, I can't say I've been attracted to any of them. However, the capsules... now those I just love to count. However, I do depise the bright orange Gabapentin 300; its just too bright for me. I also like the way Inderal LA (60?) sounds when you shake them--its got a nice tone to it.

my fav is valium (brand name) it has a little "V" hole in the middle that looks like a heart.
fav smell: depakote and biaxin XL....smells like smoothies... yummy :laugh:

depakote smells like vanilla...yumm! just like anything else made by abbott...they have some kind of trademark coating to give their tabs that sweet smell

cefol filmtabs smell weird, as i recall

primaxin smells like cat pee

diamox sequels are my favorite as far as visually appealing! pretty!