What is the reimbursement package for dental school tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am curious as to how much of dental school the military will pay (Air Force, Navy and Army) and whether the amounts differ between the different branches.

Has anybody who looked into this found that there is a set amount that is paid to dental schools or is there a percentage of tuition paid?

Thanks in advance for answering!

Members don't see this ad.

burton117 said:
Hi,

I am curious as to how much of dental school the military will pay (Air Force, Navy and Army) and whether the amounts differ between the different branches.

Has anybody who looked into this found that there is a set amount that is paid to dental schools or is there a percentage of tuition paid?

For HPSP...
All of it.
100% tuition
Books, Equipment, most academic fees
Monthly stipend

burton117 said:
Hi,

There should be no difference between the branches,
It is true that they try to cover everything that is "required" by your school.
The health insurance is only covered up to ~$950 unless they require a specific type or it is part of tuition, then they pay all. They will not pay for a lap top, but they will pay for rental of a lap top up to a certain amount. At my school the school has the army pay for all of the tuition, fees and equipment up front. The only thing that I have to be reimbursed for is the health insurance.

Dadoh said:
There should be no difference between the branches,
It is true that they try to cover everything that is "required" by your school.
The health insurance is only covered up to ~$950 unless they require a specific type or it is part of tuition, then they pay all. They will not pay for a lap top, but they will pay for rental of a lap top up to a certain amount. At my school the school has the army pay for all of the tuition, fees and equipment up front. The only thing that I have to be reimbursed for is the health insurance.

Wow.. that is quite a bit of money. I would have thought the military would pay less at more expensive schools to encourage people to attend cheaper schools.

Very Interesting...