What is Sit down rounds with inpatient service.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are applicants interviewing with the program are involved in this event in the interview process. Any opinions are appreciated

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

At some hospitals, the inpatient team has a set time where they all get together in some location with a table, "sit down", and discuss the list of patients on the inpatient service. Depending on the hospital, this might mean only "medicine" patients, or it could be med, peds, and OB. I suppose this means that they are going to invite you to observe this process to acquaint you with how their inpatient team works. Your role, I would guess, would be to just sit there and observe.

If you want my opinion, I think "observe" is all you should do. Even if you have a suggestion. Even if you know an answer to a question posed to a resident that the resident didn't know. Doing either of the former two actions could get you labelled as a person that likes to show up other people, which is never good.

I take it this means you have an interview somewhere then. Good luck!

Thank you so much ..that really helps ...yes i have an interview in New york ....

Thanks again for ur input.

As far as patient care is concerned, you're definitely just there to observe. Unless someone asks you a direct question, do not offer any opinions regarding the management of patients on the service. It's generally a lose-lose situation...even if your recommendation is valid, you risk making someone on the team look bad; if it's not valid, you look bad.

Feel free to ask questions about how the service works, however...that's what you're there to find out.