What is considered a competitive COMLEX Level 2 score for psych? Is Step 2 needed if you want to do Psych as a DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering what is considered a competitive COMLEX Level 2 CE score for Psych?
Also is it important to take Step 2 as a DO applicant for Psych? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is that in psych, having a high step/level 1 score can obviously boost your app, but having a lower score doesn't disqualify like other similarly competitive specialties. As far as step/level 2, it's more about passing and showing an upward trend if possible, especially if you did poorly the first time around.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just pass. I had a significant drop in my Level 2 score (which was atrocious) and had no problem getting interviews and subsequently matching. Some places may judge more harshly, but overall poor Level 2 without Step 2 certainly won't make you unmatchable.

Psych has been and continues to be a field for people that are nice/caring and generally worse at tests/less intelligent. It tends to self select for this and hopefully moving forward as it becomes more competitive this will change but still during this climate you should be fine with poor scores
but I don't want poor scores :(